Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Beach Camper floor area

Kenb17

Kenb17

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Can anyone advise the floor area of the Beach Camper with the seat in the sitting, back of area position? Considering a Beach Camper and one of the thoughts is getting bikes in (without front wheel). Many thanks, Ken

Not clear what you are asking? It’s possible to sit in the seat and get a full size large MTB inside wheels on, we manage 3 bikes in for the family of varying sizes, not sure what you mean by “back of area”?
A1A16B28-0454-4AA8-8A05-01DD2E630007.jpeg

Thanks for the reply and I need to try and clarify. I was thinking of the floor area between the seats accessed from the sliding door with the seats slid back. I have an arrangement in the car at the moment with the front wheel off and fork mounted on a bracket so it is shorter and stable in an upright position. I was thinking back wheel to kitchen and front wheel at door.

Gotcha now. I know my bike doesn’t fit. Just been and measured from fridge to closed door 1460mm. Seen some guys put roadbike with rear wheel between front seats and forks on a mount.

Have a look at the Vanessa arco system. Storage down one side and bikes down the other. Honestly I have found you can have a camper or you can have bikes inside but just not worth the frustration trying to do both. Good luck.

Gotcha now. I know my bike doesn’t fit. Just been and measured from fridge to closed door 1460mm. Seen some guys put roadbike with rear wheel between front seats and forks on a mount.

Have a look at the Vanessa arco system. Storage down one side and bikes down the other. Honestly I have found you can have a camper or you can have bikes inside but just not worth the frustration trying to do both. Good luck.
tbh it is not trivial in the car and it becomes a 2 seater.! Thanks for your help.

Back