Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Beach Hat

Martin

Martin

Administrator
Admin/Founder
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Ulli now has the Beach Hat in stock with prices starting from around £230 with VIP Member offer.

There are various colour and window options:

7823.jpg

Also the Beach Cuisine now available so you can add a removable kitchen to your Beach using the existing rails. It has fresh water, sink, hob and fridge:

10540.jpg

Does the bit with the stove on it slide in when not in use?
Didn't know you were so handy prehaps you could knock us up another forum shelter :rofl :rofl
Are the beach caps just a mutze with a new name :?:

The beach cap seems to be a totally new item, maybe there is a slight difference in the roof angle?

All slides back as seen below

10510.jpg

10521.jpg

Nearly a year on, does anybody on the forum have experience of either of these two items??

Apparently Campervantastic do the Beach Hat with windows, but it is £375!!!

I think there will be a Cali Topper (Beach Edition) soon, that could be a cheaper option.

Having had a bad experience with my Khyam Cozi, I am slightly nervous of the whole topper question, but really liked the way the Beach Hat accommodates the awning with the string/cable from the centre that stretches to the two corners, far more elegant than anything else I have seen!!

No experience with either of these items but last weekend I did start manufacture of a kitchen pod in my garage. Its going to be for my 2 seater Beach and replace the existing storage box.
Spent the last month trying to think through the various options and decided to make a mock up out of MDF which would then also serve as templates for any curved sections. This is the mockup as it was a couple of weekends ago:

[album]687[/album] [album]686[/album]

There will be sliding doors across the main section and the platform to the left is for a coolbox. Also wont be using the 'choc' blocks for construction but proper glued biscuit joints (so I need to get it right first time!).
Finally managed to source the lightweight ply last week and spent all weekend converting the big sheets into 25 separate smaller bits, hope I've got the dimensions right as they have gone off to have edgebanding applied.
Very much a work in progress at the moment but a fun if time consuming project.

owen_h said:
No experience with either of these items but last weekend I did start manufacture of a kitchen pod in my garage. Its going to be for my 2 seater Beach and replace the existing storage box.
Spent the last month trying to think through the various options and decided to make a mock up out of MDF which would then also serve as templates for any curved sections. This is the mockup as it was a couple of weekends ago:

There will be sliding doors across the main section and the platform to the left is for a coolbox. Also wont be using the 'choc' blocks for construction but proper glued biscuit joints (so I need to get it right first time!).
Finally managed to source the lightweight ply last week and spent all weekend converting the big sheets into 25 separate smaller bits, hope I've got the dimensions right as they have gone off to have edgebanding applied.

How did this go? It looks great so far.
I'm after something similar for my beach.
If it's not copyright do you have the panel sizes.
Can you turn the passenger seat round and use it ?
Cheers

Italiahorse said:
owen_h said:

How did this go? It looks great so far.
I'm after something similar for my beach.
If it's not copyright do you have the panel sizes.
Can you turn the passenger seat round and use it ?
Cheers

This is quite an old post Italiahorse, have a look at this thread viewtopic.php?f=104&t=4130 the pod is now finished and I used it last year.
The passenger seat does still turn round, I tend to use it at a slight angle to give more legroom but it is still possible to have it turned 180 degrees and still sit in it.
For the dimensions I will try and send you a drawing I did recently.
Owen

Back