Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Beach Kitchen

S

syrup1971

VIP Member
Came across this & thought it might be of interest

7214707144_7e22ceb369_z.jpg

Found it here http://www.volkswagen-zubehoer.de/filea ... _09_GB.pdf

Looks quite neat, I might try to find out some more details.

That is an interresting find. The catalogue must be a few months pld, as teh vans are all pre- face lift.
If you discover any more info, please post it up.
Luke

Currently have a slidepod, really love it, in fact it never comes out. Also use the window bags for storage to free up space inside.

Currently have a slidepod, really love it, in fact it never comes out. Also use the window bags for storage to free up space inside.
You have a slide pod that never comes out? Anyway pics please. I love the beach with a slide pod. Edit. I get it now you mean it stays in the van all the time. Doh

Here's my super flexible Beach kitchen complimented with a flexi-bucket (not pictured) for the washing up!

The folding gas stove packs away tiny, and is super stable. Cost about £30 from Cotswold Outdoors

Primus gas cartridges a little expensive but have found a cheap converter (about £1.50) to use the Butane CampingGaz canisters which are much cheaper.

Small cork mat underneath to protect table from heat.

8A2F479C-A535-4739-9539-0618E4A9FDA8.jpeg 7CC681EB-826B-4EF5-B5B6-0133C59E85A2.jpeg 98273AF5-F07D-4D3E-A5B8-D8E178726F78.jpeg

And mine. (Ok so I’m messy!)
bd43893a1a48bb6b9f303af9a4fa1b97.jpg

0d43ebbe4ee718593842531f27509496.jpg

If I was buying again I’d go for the bigger Slidepod rather than the ultra. Live and learn I guess.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi @mottbw I like the sound of window.bags, but do you not miss the extra light and view in the morning? One of my fav things is waking up and opening the blind (but really could do with extra space as well)

Last edited by a moderator:
We sleep in the roof so we don't notice the light really. You still have the rear window and the middle sides.

We sleep in the roof so we don't notice the light really. You still have the rear window and the middle sides.
Arrh, i see. Makes sense then really. Do you ever stealth camp?

This is such an interesting thread. Seeing how other owners deal with storage and cooking in their Beach is wonderful.

Of course the main advantages of the Beach is its flexibility and the fact that it doesn't have a fixed internal layout. Some seem to prefer the slick professionally made self contained removable kitchen cabinet whilst others prefer to do a bit of DIY to create their optimum layout. Personally we are very much at the minimalist end of the spectrum. We have everything we need to store, refrigerate or freeze, cook (inside or out), wash up and relax with out needing any form of unit. This wouldn't suit everyone but that's the whole point. The Beach is so versatile that what ever you want to do it will probably be the ideal choice.

Last edited:
Well spotted :) we went to a star gazing night, the day was clear skies, the night, grey and rainy haha
Isn't that always the way. Any mention of anything like a Comet or an lunar eclipse and bosh, nothing but clouds!

Lovely place. One of my favourite spots. I should think it's ideal for star gazing.

I think there would be decent grounds for a modular ‘60/40’ split rear bench in a Beach. Imagine being able to slide out part of the bench and replace it with modular ‘ocean’ bits or Beach (2 seat style) Storage Box at will. I would be all over that.

We don’t miss any ‘light’ from having the VanEssa window bags but then we’ve never really camped anywhere with a view worth seeing - it’s usually just a hedge

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back