Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Beach Kitchen

Sorry, grill is what I meant. How long do you find a gas canister lasts?
We found that one 907 gas canister was sufficient for four for four weeks. Two hot drinks in the morning, a hot meal six out of seven nights (the seventh night eating out).

We have a this vangear nano pod with an induction ring for when we have hookup. We've been really pleased with it. Could use one of those canister stoves too. Bed pulls out fully with the pod in place, but the pod is easy to remove too.4378643787

I looked at these last year, spoke to the guy about one without the sink, but haven't got round to ordering one. How is it secured to the rails?
We have a reimo unit that came with the van, but it's to big for us.

I looked at these last year, spoke to the guy about one without the sink, but haven't got round to ordering one. How is it secured to the rails?
We have a reimo unit that came with the van, but it's to big for us.
It is attached to the rails with removable bolts. Takes about 10 mins to remove. If you are anywhere near us (Cheshire) you are welcome to have a look sometime!

Here's my super flexible Beach kitchen complimented with a flexi-bucket (not pictured) for the washing up!

The folding gas stove packs away tiny, and is super stable. Cost about £30 from Cotswold Outdoors

Primus gas cartridges a little expensive but have found a cheap converter (about £1.50) to use the Butane CampingGaz canisters which are much cheaper.

Small cork mat underneath to protect table from heat.

View attachment 42465View attachment 42466View attachment 42467
I like the look of your? perspex table,Can i ask where you got this/how you made it? thanks

Hi @Philip McAuley -- which Jetboil stove is this? what gas canisters do you use please? & where did you get it?? thanks!

(quick look on internet seems it's not readily available in UK nor takes the commonly available gas canisters -- looks like a great bit of kit though)

We’ve been eyeing one up also and asked Jetboil why they couldn’t be bought in the UK.

“Unfortunately at this time the Genesis system is undergoing CE certification currently and is not available outside the US at this time.
Based on the current timeline, we do not have an exact date or estimated date. “

You can get them imported from one or two sellers on amazon.com - but not for the whole system as one, and would need to buy the pans separately.

Looks like the full Genesis system is heavily discounted on various US camping sites at the moment and am guessing that as this model was released in 2016(?) - it may be that they are about to release a newer, EU friendly, model.

For our Jetboil zip, we found best place to get cartridges is Snow and Rock - we found that the zip wouldn’t attach reliably to non Jetboil branded cartridges. Love the zip though - great kit!

We have a this vangear nano pod with an induction ring for when we have hookup. We've been really pleased with it. Could use one of those canister stoves too. Bed pulls out fully with the pod in place, but the pod is easy to remove too.View attachment 43786View attachment 43787
We have a this vangear nano pod with an induction ring for when we have hookup. We've been really pleased with it. Could use one of those canister stoves too. Bed pulls out fully with the pod in place, but the pod is easy to remove too.View attachment 43786View attachment 43787
I really like these Nano pods, have looked at these on the Vangear website a few times, still undecided though, I’m after something compact but enough space to store just the essentials.Looks really nice in your Cali are you happy with it ? and is there anything you would change ?
Thx Paul.

Yes we are very happy with it. We don't use the sink much so maybe if we ordered again we'd buy the version without the sink. But it does look great in the cali :)

Yes we are very happy with it. We don't use the sink much so maybe if we ordered again we'd buy the version without the sink. But it does look great in the cali :)
Do you find the sink splashes the passenger seat back?

Back