Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Beach seating

R

Richie2

Hi I am looking at selling my 2007 Brazilian Danbury which we love and going for a beach with 7 seats due to our expanded family. We bought the danbury just before child no 1 but have outgrown it.

Does the middle bench of seats go flat in line with the rear seats when as a bed? I cant work it out from the brochure . has anyone any photos to show the 5 seat in the back ? We have 4 young kid s so will use an awning/tent as well and maybe a trailer for the stuff needed for the kids when camping . Thanks

Hi Richie,

I think you may have misunderstood the beach configuration.

To get 7 seats you need to add two captains chair style seats in between the front seats and the beach bench seat (3 seater), which can move backwards and forwards on runners...

To make the bed, the bench goes flat and in combination with a board in the back called a Multiflex board, makes the bed.

The captains chairs do not form part of the bed.

I have had my beach for over a year now, and suspect I love it as much as you love your Danbury!!! :)

According to the Brochure the extra chairs are meant to be able to form part of the 'long bed'.

This is why the three seater Beach has an adjustable multi flex board.

James

Something like this. It's quite a squeeze with the middle row of seats in as you can see.

Note that the 3-seat bench makes a better seat (more shaped) and the 2-seat bench makes a better bed (flatter).

I too love my Beach to bits - a great multipurpose vehicle.

7 seater bed.jpg

James said:
According to the Brochure the extra chairs are meant to be able to form part of the 'long bed'.

James

I think you'll find the multi flex board shortens so that you do not need to remove the two captains chairs when you make the bed.

The two captains chairs have a gap between them, not ideal for making a bed, but I guess it would be possible to put a topper on them if you are hoping to create extra bed space in the vehicle.

redredzimmer said:
James said:

James

I think you'll find the multi flex board shortens so that you do not need to remove the two captains chairs when you make the bed.

The two captains chairs have a gap between them, not ideal for making a bed, but I guess it would be possible to put a topper on them if you are hoping to create extra bed space in the vehicle.

Oh... Hi James... I thought it was Richie replying!! I hope you are well!!

redredzimmer said:
redredzimmer said:
James said:

James

Oh... Hi James... I thought it was Richie replying!! I hope you are well!!

lol I am good, hope you are too.

I love my Beach too :)

Not sure I could back to a 'normal' vehicle :)

Thanks guys that is really helpful. I had looked at various clips on the internet but couldn't find anything showing the beach with 7 seats and the bed being used. I think we would buy with all the seats but probably just have one middle seat in when camping ie 6 seats to save a little space. ( 3 seats back row) I haven't broken it to the kids yet that we will need to sell the Danbury. They wont be happy but we cant all travel in it. We are particularly attached to it as we bought it a month before child 1 was born and took her camping that summer. We even had a garage built for it but at least that can be the home for the beach when we get one.

Thanks again. I'll get final approval from the wife then get on a waiting list for a beach. :thanks

Back