Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Beach - speakers hide and seek

S

Simon mardle

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
hi I am new to the Beach, picked up a brand new one from high Wycombe last week following years in a t4 (now for sale) and a type 2 before that. All very impressive so far and had some great days out. The only thing is the sound quality from the speakers is not good. Admittedly I am fussy but even so I think this sounds so bad there is something wrong? When I checked my spec I am supposed to have 8 speakers fitted with the unit I have but can only count 6? Am I being daft, I have looked everywhere but can only find 6 no matter how hard I try....

8 is only in the SE/Ocean isn't it as the Beach has no roof locker?

The price list definitely states 8 speakers for the beach but I guess its wrong then as there is onviously no locker. Bit sad really as I don't think the sound quality is up to scratch at all for something this pricey... everything else is great though!

Even if you have 8 speakers, the sound will still be....lacking. I upgraded the front door speakers, the tweeters in the dash and lined the front doors with sound deadening. Result....much nicer sound!

I got all the stuff from Jason at www.absolut5.co.uk , he's very helpful and generally considered to be an authority on T5/T6 audio.

Did you do the work yourself hewittd, or with absolut5?

In a previous car 8 years ago I had Dynamat sound deadening panels and Audison speakers with Hertz amp & it sounded amazing (stock headunit). I chatted to some chaps at Goodwood festival of speed (cant find their business card) and they still recommend the same set ups now for a T6.

Did you do the work yourself hewittd, or with absolut5?

In a previous car 8 years ago I had Dynamat sound deadening panels and Audison speakers with Hertz amp & it sounded amazing (stock headunit). I chatted to some chaps at Goodwood festival of speed (cant find their business card) and they still recommend the same set ups now for a T6.

Sorry for the extremely late reply, I installed it all myself - I live in Budapest so absolut5 are not so local to me :)

Did you go ahead and make any changes? I have a new headunit in mind for this year, the RNS510 is sooo slllloooo (even the last version with SSD etc etc)

Bose Soundlink mini on the dash. 10 times better than any ICE nonsense.

Back