Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

How to install the back speakers in the Vw California

F

freshonwer

Hee guys!

I bought a (previously owned) California today, really stoked about it! Only drawback of the car is that the rear speakers aren't installed, but that's not the biggest problem. The dealer said that the wiring was not completely pulled through form the back to the front and that the manufacturer did that on purpose when you bought a California without a build in stereo., Pretty mean.. So now I have a car with a fully functional stereo, but no sound in the back and I wanted to try and fix that.

Has anyone heard of this problem before? And do you have any tips on how to begin with something like this? A guide of somesort would be ideal but if someone has some info about how the wiring normally runs and how to acces the rear end of the stereo that would also be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Pieter

What year is the Cali?

I have a thread running elsewhere about the location of all of the speakers.

It looks like there should be 2 in the dash, 4 in the front doors and two in the sort of pull down cabinet in the roof at the back - is it those two that you are talking about?

T

The rear speakers are standard, therefore the wiring and speakers should already be there. They might be broke (very unlikely for both speakers at the same time), the rear part of radio amplifier might be broke, and most likely:
the fader (front-back sound balance) adjustment is set to front speakers only.
Regards
Andrzej

That would be ideal! I'll check whether it works with a different radio.
It's a 2004 California comfort line, based on the t5.. And it's indeed about the back speakers next to the storage in the back of the car.

Hi there,

Did anyone have an answer to this thread? I too have a 2006 comfort line california. I have the same issue as Pieter, in that when i removed the speaker covers in the pull down cupboard in the rear, there were no speakers, but there were two unconnected cables with sockets under the cover. I thought these were speaker wires but it appears not :headbang . Does anyone know what these wires are for? I have just fitted a new Kenwood head unit and in doing so it appears that there are not any rear speaker wires coming from the harness that plugs into the back of the head unit. Can anybody offer any advice on the best way to route some speaker cables to the rear cupboard. I am happy in being able to connect the wires just want advise on a suitable (easy) route. Also considering putting in a rear camera as the head unit can take it, so advice on this would also be appreciated. :crazy

Thanks Simon

Simon,

Coincidentally I just posted for help in getting access to the rear speakers about the same time you replied to this thread. Can you tell me how those grills come off? Do you know if they the same in newer Cali's?

Regards your head unit issue - I have seen Quadlock connectors that don't have all pins wired to the vehicle wiring loom and it is likely that the speaker wires are present if there is another connector behind where the head unit sits? I had this with an Audi I used to own. It would be very odd if they used different wiring looms - just not worth it.
Does that help? Let me know if I can help at all.

Simon (yes, another one!)

Back