Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bed Races

CYCLOPATH

CYCLOPATH

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
A friend who has a self converted T5 asked me how long it takes to get the bed down
I said I don't know, a few minutes.
Then , I got to the van and timed it. Just unde a minute.
So, me being me, and it is the holiday season, I decided to see how fast I could do it
31 seconds......
Can you beat that?
I ....slide afghan rug forwards, pull bed forwards, headrests down, back down, pull mattress forward( a VW one, so the rear is in place)pull quilt forwards, pillows in place
Sorted.

Easier to pull out than to put back if a fishing rod or walking pole decides to roll in the way :(

Last edited:
A friend who has a self converted T5 asked me how long it takes to get the bed down
I said I don't know, a few minutes.
Then , I got to the van and timed it. Just unde a minute.
So, me being me, and it is the holiday season, I decided to see how fast I could do it
31 seconds......
Can you beat that?
I ....slide afghan rug forwards, pull bed forwards, headrests down, back down, pull mattress forward( a VW one, so the rear is in place)pull quilt forwards, pillows in place
Sorted.
Video proof please! :D

We timed ourselves getting whole van set up( using top bed)and kettle on. That's roof up,awning out, hook up,bed made chairs swivelled and kettle on. 20 minutes was our fastest and it was our first holiday in a Cali, so we were quite impressed with that. Never attempted bench bed.

mind you took a month to get the bed up (fixed) when it stuck in the down possition !

No need to hurry .......
We are on vacation.....!
And we use the top bed , takes 2 sec to put down :kiss

I shall try that spelio2 and see how I get on.

One of the things I love about the Cali is being able to sleep in comfort and still see outside.
In a tent you see nothing, and sleeping in a bivvo bag isn't that comfortable, but in the van, downstairs, especially with the double glazing that doesn't fog up.
I love it.

And I love the efficiency of the bed system

Motacyclist , I will try and make a video, with that Benny Hill tune accompanying it.....though I might need to speed it up to get the right effect.
You know the one ...na nah na ,nah nah nah nah nah........this isn't coming across right , but you know the one.

Back