Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bed Stuck

Thanks a million @Shuftie once again for this post and the detailed explainations for the T6.1 (note to T6.1 owners, a lot of other older posts refer to older California versions where mechanism is different) !

My bed got stuck as well in the Portuguese countryside, beginning of the holidays, with 2 kids at the back to drive ... looked like the perfect recipe for a spoilt holidays until I eventually found your post ! Spent 3 weeks using my beloved screwdriver to unfolder/fold the bed but we could continue our trip ...

Posting a shot video showing the issue and the work around to unlock it as explained before.

Appointment is now booked at VW in Sept to get it fixed. How was this fixed at your end folks ? What is an easy fix ? On my side it is one of the 2 latch that is not "responding" anymore when pulling the strap. Let's see, but

Attachments

• bed stuck issue.MPEG-4
    7.5 MB · Views: 27
glad to hear you managed to continue your holiday - @Shuftie I think there are several family holidays that owe you a lot of thanks, not least mine!
@ElDioude35000 mine went into local VW garage not long before our holiday this week and they said it was the cable has failed. Post was on back order so had to wait a week for it to come in, but was then a relatively quick fix and cost a few hundred in total.
However, we then went on holiday and two days in it failed again! So back to using my tool for releasing it. But then for extra fun on the morning we were moving from one side of France to the other the mechanism was extra stiff to operate and my tool snapped! No shops for miles around to buy a replacement, 2 hours until we had to be off the site, and a 7 hour drive ahead of me if I could fix it! Cue much searching through my kit to find something else that would fit through the gap and was strong enough - several things ended up just bending. Eventually found something, got on the road and made a detour to buy a selection of suitable screwdrivers !
Van has since been back into the garage who said the part has failed so covered under the past warranty. It’s on back order again (so I’m assuming there is a high demand!!!) so currently waiting for it to come in so I can take the van back to get it fitted.

Thank you for these helpful posts. I have added three different flat head screw drivers to my car tool kit - as a precaution.

Back