Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Been to California, now I have one

44Whitehall

44Whitehall

Vehicle
T5 Beach
Hello all. Pleased to be part of the club.

I am due to take ownership of a T5 Beach in a couple of weeks. I'm pretty excited but nervous.

Exciting because:

- family life will be more adventurous
- this 'club' is a bit cooler than being part of a club of chaps who drive a Mercedes E Class Estate
- it confirms that my mid life crisis is underway

Nervous because:

- the ride quality of my car (which will be sold) is sublime both front and back and I have no idea how I'll capture that in a van

Let the good times roll...

Last edited:
Firstly - welcome. You'll not regret it.

- the ride quality of my car (which will be sold) is sublime both front and back and I have no idea how I'll capture that in a van
well it all depends upon what your car is I guess but at the end of the day - a Cali is a van - but with an outstanding ride quality :thumb.

Hello and welcome :thumb

Don't worry, you won't regret the change; travelling in a Cali is no hardship (might look like one, but it's not a van) and the benefits outweigh any disadvantages. :)

Welcome!
Nothing to worry about. You'll love it. Kick back and enjoy :)

Been to California also and it was a nice trip .
But the trips we did the last four years in our "Hotel California" were even nicer...
Good times ahead!

Hi 44whitehall welcome. I have a t5 beach and would conclude the following.

On the motorway the ride is very good and the miles fly by.
Round town and on twisty roads its fine if you don't rush it too much. The van can easily keep pace with traffic but suffers roll if driven to hard. If roll is an issue for you the anti roll bars can be upgrade by VW for not so much - some say changing the rear one helps the ride a fair bit. I however don't find it an issue.
It rides better if there is weight in the rear - just feels more planted.
We came from a Toyota Verso which had an OK/Good ride and the van although different is as comfortable and the kids love the extra space and height.
Mine is on the standard 16" wheels.

Hope this helps!

Back