Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bench Seat Adjusting Handle Sticking Out.

John

John

VIP Member
We removed our rear bench yesterday to pick up a sofa with our Cali. Only problem I now have after refitting it is that the handle that unlocks the seat, when sliding it on the runners, sticks out and will not return flat. It operates OK and the seat locks in position but the flap handle is not being fully pulled back to its starting position. :headwall

Can any one help or had the same problem. :?:

Hi John,

We have not had this problem ourselves. Have you tried removing and refitting the seat at all? Failing that, feel free to give us a call to arrange a time to pop in and we will have a look at it for you.

Cheers

Thanks Alex

It really is quite heavy and difficult to manoeuvre so I would need to get some help to get the seat out again. Will just live with it until I have to remove the seat again.

The other problem is there is no obvious way to get inside the metal base to get to the locking mechanism. :headwall

Best Regards John

Hi John,

When you have time, call me and come down and I will have a look at it with you and help you to take it out and see if we can have a look at it at the same time to see what has caused it.

cheers

I feel happy with myself today as I fixed it. Thought I would have another go as we are taking the Cali away for a week on Monday.

I had to take seat out again. To do this you removed the six covers, on the tracks, and then remove the front stop which is in the track by the cupboard. You then positioned the front seats as far forward as they will go. Then put a Philips screwdriver in the hole at the side of the seat. This keep's the seat unlocked so it can be moved forward to the gaps in the runners.

[img
005-1.jpg
][/img]

Rather then remove the seat, see previous post for why, I managed to simply tilt the seat onto its back in sit u so as to get access to its locking feet.

[img
001.jpg
[/img]

The feet of the bench are in the shape of a upside down T and they have cup shaped groves on them which lock the seat in place under the seat runners.

[img
004.jpg
[/img]

This is where I found the cause of my problem. A tiny stone had made itself at home in one of the cup shaped groves. This was all it took to stop that foot/track locking and the whole seat mechanism returning to its starting point fully locked position. That was why the seat handle was sticking out. :crazy

[img
006.jpg
][/img]

Sucess :barmy :thumb

Back