Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 Beach Bench seat won’t go flat

My 14 days rejection time has been taken up with little sleep with a dog with cancer in mammary glands. So I’m very much behind on checking things. I don’t expect to need to reject the vehicle, but want to make sure everything I ordered works. Complicated slightly as there was no public configurator working when I ordered... so as things are added with options you select... I’m discovering things I didn’t know I had... and wondering if anything has been left out or is not working...
You'll have to hope that you've got a dodgy seat otherwise
the torn fabric would probably be put down to users error, hopefully
you have a nice helpful dealer.

You'll have to hope that you've got a dodgy seat otherwise
the torn fabric would probably be put down to users error, hopefully
you have a nice helpful dealer.
Well the seat doesn’t work as designed. So manufacturer fault. Which means, legally, it needs to be corrected.

Well the seat doesn’t work as designed. So manufacturer fault. Which means, legally, it needs to be corrected.
@westfalia - based on the photo’s above and comments on how the bench seat works. Which I have followed. Do you have any advice to add on how to resolve the issue?

It might be a simple case of the dealer finding something stuck in the mechanism. If so, you need to be prepared to fight the torn fabric issue. I think the seat covers are replaceable but happy if someone knows otherwise.

It might be a simple case of the dealer finding something stuck in the mechanism. If so, you need to be prepared to fight the torn fabric issue. I think the seat covers are replaceable but happy if someone knows otherwise.
Whatever it is. I need an as new seat that works. And fighting over torn fabric on a newly deliver £60+ vehicle... na dah. That would mean rejection of the whole vehicle.

Had another go today and with quite a bit of effort the bench seat eventually went flat.
In the bright sunlight, when looking underneath, there is foam visible left and right symmetrically. So I now think potentially just the way the seat is fabricated and not a rip.
It would certainly help if the manual correctly described the way to lower the bed.
Even after watching the video’s I struggled to lay it flat and then back up again.

Had another go today and with quite a bit of effort the bench seat eventually went flat.
In the bright sunlight, when looking underneath, there is foam visible left and right symmetrically. So I now think potentially just the way the seat is fabricated and not a rip.
It would certainly help if the manual correctly described the way to lower the bed.
Even after watching the video’s I struggled to lay it flat and then back up again.
So bed sorted.
But about the roof. Having opened and closed it and repacked the canvas, can you now open the hatch easily?