Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Berghaus

Lost Boy

Lost Boy

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Can we add this as an option when selecting our vehicles please?

I think this was discussed before a year or so ago but it was decided there was no point as it was just a special edition. You can always add it yourself to your custom profile text.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Seems odd that we would add high top's etc as an option in that case. It was a limited run of only 80, surely not a big job??

The reason people asked for the model feature in their profile was to make it easier for other members to reply to questions. At the end of the day the Berghaus was just a standard Cali with different alloys and a few Berghaus branded accessories. It would make the drop down list too long if we added all the other Special models.

Never say never though .. we do keep reviewing things if people ask for extra features.

The reason people asked for the model feature in their profile was to make it easier for other members to reply to questions. At the end of the day the Berghaus was just a standard Cali with different alloys and a few Berghaus branded accessories. It would make the drop down list too long if we added all the other Special models.

Never say never though .. we do keep reviewing things if people ask for extra features.

Or another way of looking at it, the only T5 Limited edition they ever did and only 80 made.

Not sure the list would be "too long" with one addition would it? Especially when you say others have asked and you keep reviewing when your paying members ask for change.

I think it depends on which device you are viewing on, but you can add text that appears below each post where you can even describe vans you no longer own .....(hopefully see below!)

I think it depends on which device you are viewing on, but you can add text that appears below each post where you can even describe vans you no longer own .....(hopefully see below!)
Yes I see that, however that relies on everyone doing that, just trying to understand the reluctance to add one variant, there can't be others as they didn't do any others! Also I'm not the only one that has asked for this

There was quite a few T4 special editions also which we would need to research. If the demand is there we will do it but it is not just a case of adding an extra entry as last time we made changes to the model list it changed everyone's model .. I think Kev still has a T5 Beach 4motion ! I will have a look.

There was quite a few T4 special editions also which we would need to research. If the demand is there we will do it but it is not just a case of adding an extra entry as last time we made changes to the model list it changed everyone's model .. I think Kev still has a T5 Beach 4motion ! I will have a look.

Thanks it's appreciated

Why not just add it on your signature if it is important to you ?

Reading other posts yesterday there are T6 specials on the way so the "special" list could get very long

Why not just add it on your signature if it is important to you ?

Reading other posts yesterday there are T6 specials on the way so the "special" list could get very long

Added to the signature, are we really worried about the length of the list when it's only a field we fill in maybe once or twice?

Just seem there have been several requests, not just mine. Perhaps we could have a separate field for T4/5/6 and then variants specific to that model listed if the list length is such a major issue?

What about the Cali edition that was a special Cali. The berghaus Cali
Came off the same production line then went somewhere else for different wheels that you can buy and a few berghaus branded items. Even the seat covers were made by inka. Not that special. Basically it was a van that came with a bit more as standard.

I always thought the profile under our names was just to help when asking model specific questions rather than people asking ' have you got a t4 or t5? ' I cant see how having special editions will make any difference. I might be wrong?

Wow, I didn't expect quite such a passionate debate about a name being added to a list. I'd agree these are all "just converted vans" at the end of the day but we're all passionate about them which is why we are on here after all!

The logic that says its just a few extras should then apply to 4 motions (as an example), frankly no different but someone ticked a box on the options list. Ditto for a DSG and ditto for a 140 vs a 180.

The reason we chose Californias of the raft of other "converted T5's is presumably because we see the value in having something that is endorsed by the brand that is VW. The Berghaus may just be a few extras to some people but to me its the only UK Special edition that VW saw fit to license and the only one I believe that shows the designation on the V5C (I'll admit I don't know about T4's).

If its too much bother for the site administrators to add another model to the list or its too onerous to do some recoding, so be it, I'll happily close the thread and forget all about it. But to Martin's point above if the demand is there then they'll do it and I'm not the first to ask.

Martin's point about a change in the list changing everyone's vehicle too the next one in the list below the addition is much more important. I realised mine was wrong a few weeks ago after setting it when the new web site was first up and running.

I'll bet that most people except newbies since the switchover also have the wrong type because the list was added to.

So unless everyone's current designation can be kept at a change in the list then the list shouldn't be changed.

Back