Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Berlin recommendations

W

Wildays

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hi, I am planning a European Trip for next summer but am struggling to find a Campsite in Berlin . I am looking for a site with electric hook-up and showers . I am hoping to be able to get into the City relatively easily too. Can anyone help?

G
Hi, I am planning a European Trip for next summer but am struggling to find a Campsite in Berlin . I am looking for a site with electric hook-up and showers . I am hoping to be able to get into the City relatively easily too. Can anyone help?
Google maps show plenty of sites, most with good transport links. No recommendations.

Screenshot_20211223-092747_Maps.jpg

Hi. I've used the Hotel und City Camping Nord Hettler & Lange near Spandau a number of times. It's on a strip of land with the river both sides. The pitches are sandy and can be cramped (city camping!) but have electric hook-up and the toilets/showers are clean. The Paulsternstr U-Bahn station is about 20 mins easy walk away and there are supermarkets near the station.

Berlin is a fascinating city and well worth visiting.

There is a beautiful campsite near Berlin in Potsdam. There you are not exposed to the hustle and bustle of a big city. From Potsdam you can reach Berlin very well by train. In Potsdam would be in any case also a visit to Sanssouci Palace. But you should definitely take bicycles with you.

https://www.camping-potsdam.de/en/

We stayed at Wohnmobile Oase: S-bahn, U-bahn and a big shopping centre 7 mins walk away. Alexander Platz is only a few stops south on the subway or 3km by bike. The toilets and showers are in old portacabins and are cramped, few in number and unpleasant. The camping area is like a big cleared building site. Gaps in fence so not secure. Electricity is 6 watts. Reception staff lack charm. Expensive but near Berlin centre and did the job for us for 3 nights.