Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Germany campsites

Richy

Richy

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Morning,
im planning a trip fo Germany with my son to support the might Scotland in the Euro‘s next summer,
im looking for advice and recommendations on where to we can stay in the both Munich and Cologne, ideally in or near the cities or near public transport.
any help is appreciated,

cheers Richy

Morning,
im planning a trip fo Germany with my son to support the might Scotland in the Euro‘s next summer,
im looking for advice and recommendations on where to we can stay in the both Munich and Cologne, ideally in or near the cities or near public transport.
any help is appreciated,

cheers Richy

Bus stop outside. Reception sells tickets.

Morning,
any help is appreciated,

cheers Richy
For Munich I stayed here in August https://campingplatz-nord-west.de/en. I would say it's more car parkesque than a campsite. Clean and tidy but they charge for the showers. DO NOT STAY HERE http://www.camping-langwieder-see.de/. Just have a look at the reviews i wish i did.
that’s great, really appreciate the help

Great post looking to do the same.
Even without a ticket should be an experienc.

@Richy As mentioned, there are a few campsites (not a huge amount though) dotted along the over the bridge on teh Deutz side. If you stay Köln side (i.e left side) you have a good network of trams / trains to get in and out. Over the bridge, it becomes less but still do-able.

Also "Stellplatz Köln-Riehl" (basically an overnight carpark for campers - limited facilities) could be an option and i often see vans there.

If you use Park4night, there are stealth camping options and you can then tram it in. I would be tempted by this. Where i walk the dogs (i live in Cologne), there are often vans parked up sleeping overnight - You might even be able to get away with roof up - They do it all the time there.

It will be busy as Euros are on but you could chance it.

Actually, i am moving out of cologne in February and will be doing the same when i come back to visit mates so can check out some of the stellplatzs and options and feedback.

Also look at Brühl and Düsseldorf sites as these might be "less busy" and you could train it in and out (often they run late and often) to Köln. Or drive if you are not drinking ;) Would need to check transport connections from the sites.

Düsseldorf to Köln is about 1hr train or around 80 euros yellow cab (maybe 60 Uber).

We stayed in Munich at Camping Obermenzing, on the north west side of the city. Pleasant enough; had our bikes so cycled a mile to the station & got the train into town.