Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Best app for European Camping?

Lost Boy

Lost Boy

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Can anyone help with the best app that allows offline access to a database of campsites that covers all of Europe?

Thanks

park4night or searchforsites

I got ACSI membership (discounts in low season at thiere campsites )
You get the books .
For a few € the app witch works offline with all the sites + free aires

park4night or searchforsites
Does searchforsites have an off-line app now? Its a great site but does require on-line access and is not that great on a smartphone screen.

Mind you with free roaming throughout Europe now the cost element of being on-line has gone. But of course you there are still coverage issues in some of the places that we all love to go..............

CORRECTION
I just browsed to searchforsites on my phone and they have a new smartphone optomised site. Not sure how long it has been there. Me likey :thumb.

Still no app though.

Used the ACSI app for the first time this year on my Android phone.. Generally it was brilliant, you can ring sites to check for availability, direct from the app. You have to pay a couple of quid for the country or countries that you want, but then you have them for a year and their fully functional offline. We bought the German, Austria, Croatia and Slovenia guides for about 5 Euros.

It proved invaluable for checking out potential sites, and the reviews were generally pretty helpful. The only beef I had was the inspectors had no clue about playgrounds. With two kids, aged 4 and 6, playgrounds are a key feature for us. A lot of the time, really small playgrounds, one slide and a swing, would be described as large. However, this is a minor quibble and I'll continue to use it.

The ASCI app/books are good, BUT only some 8,000+ camping sites of the some 32,000 + sites in Europe are covered.
The Free, apparently now a 1 off £2.99, Archie's app for Android and Apple uses, I think, Google maps and Google Earth to show the sites. You can filter them and it gives telephone contacts, and whether they accept Camping Cards such as ASCI and others.
This where I'm going in Italy.
IMG_0383.PNG

Last edited:
Free??? looks like £2.99 on the App Store??

Free??? looks like £2.99 on the App Store??
Free when I got it - Sorry.
Now it's a 1 off payment. They update every year, normally a few times. Edited my original post.