Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

best camping to visit London

C

carl4

Hi,
what is the best camping go visit London. Best: I mean a camping from we can reach London Center the easiest way by public transport.
Thanks for your answer,
Greetings
Carl

Hi If you are a member of the Caravan Club try their sites at Crystal palace and Abbey Wood.

I have stayed at the Crystal Palace site and is easy to get to central London either by catching a bus into Brixton (bus stop is about 100 yards from site) then tube from Brixton. You can also catch the underground system the station is about a 20 minute walk away, then change at Canada Water. The Crystal Palace site is good, clean with great facilities, the staff were helpful and very friendly.

I am booked for Abbey Wood in August and that site has a train station very close to the site to get into London. I have a mate who has stayed there and he throughly recommends it.

You will be looking to pay about £15 ish for a van as 2 passengers per night and will be essential to book well in advance in particular for the summer months.

I would echo the suggestion of the Crystal Palace site. We went there last year and it is a great and extremely well equipped site. If I had one gripe it is not about the site but about the time it takes to get into central London on the bus, I guess the overground may have been a better option or we might tale the bikes next time.

We went just for a Saturday night the other weekend and because it was a flying visit stopped on what we believed to be a safe residential street where the parking restrictions were relaxed at the weekend, we sort of knew the area because a friend lives down that way its near Queens Park but I think that half of the beauty of a California is that you can street park, sleep downstairs and this can be done without drawing attention to yourself, then hop on the nearby Tube and Bob's your uncle, staying in London and camping for nowt.

Fin

Back