Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Best seat covers?

Lucinda

Lucinda

VIP Member
Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hi, should get my new California on Friday and will have loads of questions but most pressing is which seat covers as dog and I are generally muddy. What brand and source do people generally recommend please?

TIA,
Lucinda

Hi, should get my new California on Friday and will have loads of questions but most pressing is which seat covers as dog and I are generally muddy. What brand and source do people generally recommend please?

TIA,
Lucinda

Inka waterproof covers get my vote for wet dogs!

Inka work very well for wet muddy dogs.
They are a bit slippy for dogs, they can skid on them, and if you put other blankets etc on top, they tend to slide off. They can also be a bit baggy on the front seats, leading to annoying creases. However they do give very good protection, which makes up for these flaws.

We went for Ukatex - they aren't waterproof but they do fit so well they look like original covers.

TIA,
Lucinda
We have 2 Beagles, bought these from club shop. Expensive but highly recommend them.
Premium ‘Leather Look’ Seat Covers for VW California Black/Grey

We have 2 Beagles, bought these from club shop. Expensive but highly recommend them.
Premium ‘Leather Look’ Seat Covers for VW California Black/Grey
They do look really nice, but at that price, I’d want a set of seat covers to protect my seat covers :D

I just treated the seats and carpets with stain blocker and they ate mint... I sometimes use a blanket..

My Cali adventures only really became enjoyable once I purchased the grey Inka seat covers, I had a Boxer and Boston terrier who inadvertently got wet and muddy! However once the seat covers were on I wasn’t so nervous plus with some pillows and throws still looks good, great price, great product.....enjoy x

702D25F9-9823-4A0F-B314-6F299E531969.jpeg

TIA,
Lucinda
Inka waterproofs have served us very well with our dogs

Make sure your covers allow the airbags to discharge....we went for brandrup second skin.....not taken them off yet for a wash, couple of marks but nothing I can't live with.....seats underneath are still mint.....use fleece throws on the bench for the dog when it's wet....

Inka second skins are excellent. I see they now do them in the GTI fabrics in various different colours. Unbeatable at £395 I reckon.

Make sure your covers allow the airbags to discharge....we went for brandrup second skin.....not taken them off yet for a wash, couple of marks but nothing I can't live with.....seats underneath are still mint.....use fleece throws on the bench for the dog when it's wet....

Same here. We have taken them off to wash many times over last 4 years and they go back on perfectly.

When we replace the van it will be one of the first things we will buy again.

We do this too and have an old mothercare mattress protector pad (to protect mattress from nappy leaks) between the seat cover and the fleece. It feels like padded fabric and isn’t ‘slippy’.