Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Best VW dealer down South

Lalala

Lalala

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi. New member here but been lurking for a long time and have really appreciated all the advice . We've been on a year long journey , initially considering a 2nd hand conversion , then self conversion . Discovered the California . Test driven a T6 and also hired a T5 for the weekend and loved it . After looking at buying a nearly new T5 all summer and struggling to find something suitable we have now decided to go for a new Ocean

We are based in Berkshire . Could anybody recommend a dealer that would be interested in doing a decent deal ? We are not looking for the bargain of the century but this is a super expensive purchase for us and would appreciate somebody that is willing to put a competitive deal together

Thanks in advance for your help

Have you tried breeze in Southampton.

You will need to go to the Poole branch (it may have changed). Sadly very uninterested when I tried to buy.

Try Laine Watts Southern Motor Group(SMG-Tonbridge) 01732 778877 Ext 208, lwatts@smguk.co.uk.
We have been very happy dealing with him, he is very knowledgeable on Cali's.
I agree. I have bought two Calis from Laine and not only is he a really nice chap to deal with but really knows his stuff as well. He also did me a very good deal on both.

Martin Bareham at SMG Tonbridge was brilliant when we bought our Ocean earlier this year, very knowledgable and a brilliant handover on the Saturday we collected.

Try Laine Watts Southern Motor Group(SMG-Tonbridge) 01732 778877 Ext 208, lwatts@smguk.co.uk.
We have been very happy dealing with him, he is very knowledgeable on Cali's.

Laine was brilliant when we picked up our new 66 Feg Cali Beach this morning.

Salesperson was Roy, gentlemanly and very helpful. But at 3 sales people, Roy, Martin and Lane came out and helped.

They spent over 3 hours going throught it as best as they could.

Thing is 3 hours not enough! But we managed to replicate everything they showed us except one.*

(*which they couldn't either because they thought muktiflex board must be removed if Beach in 5 + 2 seat configuration. However reading manual not so. Also even with 2 middle seats removed we could not make the rear bench recline beyind about 60° even though nothing seems to be stopping it. We reckon there is some safety catch somewhere we are missing.)

I agree. I have bought two Calis from Laine and not only is he a really nice chap to deal with but really knows his stuff as well. He also did me a very good deal on both.

Out of interest, do you have any experience of their servicing/repairs? Any good?

Hi all . Thanks for all the advice ! we went to see SMG tonbridge and they were fantastic

Out of interest, do you have any experience of their servicing/repairs? Any good?

I use SMG Cowbridge for mine.

Couldn't be more helpful. They had a big problem last year fixing a mains charging fault but to be fair they were getting their advice and direction from VW central who at the best of times showed less urgency than a comatose snail.

I have no reason to even consider going anywhere else, especially when they got me back on the road in 10 minutes when I popped in en-route with a problem. Very satisfied.

With all this praise going to SMG, isn't it about time they threw us another barbecue, anyone remember those wonderful burgers at Cowfold back in 2012, mind you, I think parking might be a problem, the club has grown a bit in size since those days!

You can try Mike + Eurovans in Crawley. There's no messing about. Delivery could be a problem if you want anything much before spring. Worth a call though. Good luck