Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dealer recommendations ...

W

Wylie Coyote

VIP Member
Vehicle
Just browsing
We are hoping to order a new Ocean, imminently: Looking for dealer recommendations. We are based in West Oxfordshire but, are happy to drive to deal /order/collect.
Thank you.

Welcome , read some topics in the dealer review section and buying a VW California , lots of info ....

Lisa from Llandudno Junction, North Wales. Lovely lady and knows her calis!!

We have enjoyed a happy relationship to date with Clark Commercials, Edinburgh who we recently bought a new Cali Ocean from. Craig Gray is the person we dealt with. They have various new Calis available right now I believe and are open to negotiation.

Picked up my new Ocean yesterday. Roy Ingleton at SMG Tonbridge was fantastic. Can’t recommend him highly enough

We are hoping to order a new Ocean, imminently: Looking for dealer recommendations. We are based in West Oxfordshire but, are happy to drive to deal /order/collect.
Thank you.

VW Van Centre Lancashire(Preston) Guy Vincent 07734190480. Mobile number for office hours only.

Thank you all for your recommendations.
What sort of discounts is it possible to negotiate? Is 5% off unreasonable to expect?

VW Van Centre Lancashire(Preston) Guy Vincent 07734190480. Mobile number for office hours only.
Yes, preston very good and very friendly. Got a quote of them which was very competitive

Thank you all for your recommendations.
What sort of discounts is it possible to negotiate? Is 5% off unreasonable to expect?
If its pre reg, they dont really move as they sell quite quickly but with factory order between 7 and 9% but of course you have to wait (i think thats why you get a discount.

Dont forget, if you go via PCP deal, you also get £2000 deposit contribution and 2 free services from VW on top of any discount you can get.

Also, Chris from Liverpool is lovely. He has even done loads of videos on you tube about calis "California Chris!"

We bought Cali from Steve at Carrs in Exeter - he gave us the best price of any of the dealers we visited.

:welcome

When we ordered our CaliO a couple of months ago, I pushed the dealer quite hard on discounts and after a little back and forth we landed at around 6%'ish based on the OTR price; this seems pretty standard when putting in a new factory order (some may have managed to get a little more or less); also, it seems to make no difference how many options you go for, we've opted for almost every possible option along with a whole bunch of dealer options and it didn't really make any difference to the discount.

If you want a "new" Cali then the "best" deals in terms of discount seem to be had when buying something straight out of the showroom, especially ex-demo Cali's.

Good luck with your purchase and let us all know what you finally go for.

Cheers ;)

Thank you, this is very useful. We have not been able to find a CaliO with the spec we want and so, think we will just wait for a new one.
Will let you know.

Ditto - we spent months trying to find a pre-loved CaliO with the spec (and colour) we wanted but never did and so in the end we just went for a factory order.

I feel like a kid waiting for Santa to arrive :)

Ditto - we spent months trying to find a pre-loved CaliO with the spec (and colour) we wanted but never did and so in the end we just went for a factory order.

I feel like a kid waiting for Santa to arrive :)
Same here!!!!! :pinkbanana:bananadance2

Hi - Just purchased a stock Ocean Edition from VW Van Centre Bury St Edmunds which may be a little closer to you. Highly recommend John Clarke 01284 715907 direct dial. 5% off the OTR, however the advice and time taken to show us everything was priceless !

Tried VW Liverpool, having seen California Chris on youtube, he wasn't there when I went, I think they keep him in a glass case. Instead dealt with by a young guy, very pleasant, however had vey poor knowledge of California, couldn't even swivel seats round! Despite his desk being 10ft from display van clearly had never taken the time to familiarise himself with van, totally misinformed us on several issues issues, as he was telling me I knew he was talking rubbish, and failed to get back to us as promised. Drove another hour north and bought new from Guy Vincent, Preston VW, top bloke and does what he promises, would thoroughly recommend.

Interesting as I had much the same experience of Liverpool 12 months ago as C Chris wasnt in. Im finally on the cusp of putting an order in and spoke to Guy from preston on the phone . I will give liverpool a miss based on your comment and be making the trip there in the next couple of weeks provided Guy sticks to the deal which I dont doubt.
Did you get the free services btw ?

Two first services free! And £1000 dealership contribution although apparently it might be £2000 now.