Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bike Rack Spares for T5

M

Mo Howard

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Can anyone tell me where we can get spares for the bike rack please. We only have 2 functioning struts now and would like to replace the others that have failed. VW has informed us we will need to buy a new rack.

You can buy some spares for the rack. Google VW T5 bike rack spares and there is at least one California related site selling them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes you can buy spares if you contact a vw dealer and they tell you otherwise there just being unhelpful.....go on to the next dealer I got spares from another helpful dealee even though Manchester told me you cannot but spares ...they were wrong

Yes you can buy spares if you contact a vw dealer and they tell you otherwise there just being unhelpful.....go on to the next dealer I got spares from another helpful dealee even though Manchester told me you cannot but spares ...they were wrong

We contacted campervantastic as they were advertised as in stock but after 4 weeks nothing arrived and I asked for a refund, I have since contaced SMG Cowfold who ordered in the the two faulty arms which arrived next day.

Managed to find this info out there on another site. The parts I needed were only available on back-order (about 10 days). My local VW dealer (not Van Centre) and TPS were both able to order them in. Be prepared for some eye-watering moments when asking for prices...

Spring Pincer Clamps 1J0 071 779 (Approx £29 inc vat)

Complete arm for bike #1 - 7H0 071 745,
Complete arm for bike #2 - 7H0 071 745 A
Complete arm for bike #3 - 7H0 071 745 B
Complete connector arm for bike #4 - 7D4 071 746

Tommy nuts locking - 1H0 071 734
Tommy nuts non-locking - 1J0 071 735 (About £12.50 inc vat)

Managed to find this info out there on another site. The parts I needed were only available on back-order (about 10 days). My local VW dealer (not Van Centre) and TPS were both able to order them in. Be prepared for some eye-watering moments when asking for prices...

Spring Pincer Clamps 1J0 071 779 (Approx £29 inc vat)

Complete arm for bike #1 - 7H0 071 745,
Complete arm for bike #2 - 7H0 071 745 A
Complete arm for bike #3 - 7H0 071 745 B
Complete connector arm for bike #4 - 7D4 071 746

Tommy nuts locking - 1H0 071 734
Tommy nuts non-locking - 1J0 071 735 (About £12.50 inc vat)
Hi, do you know if you can replace the VW bike rack mounting rubbers and buy the paint protection stickers?

Does anyone know how to remove the old arms? the knob on the end has seized on all three of mine.

Any experiences with this?

Does anyone know how to remove the old arms? the knob on the end has seized on all three of mine.

Any experiences with this?
If it is the T5 type rack, then there is a nut on the top end held captive by the bar clamp. you can undo this instead of the plastic knob and extract the whole rod. when this happened to mine I bought a metre of stainless steel threaded rod (£1-2) cut to size to replace the one corroded onto the nut within the plastic knob.

lots of WD 40 might help release them if soaked for a while. my locking one had seized so had to cut my losses but the others are fairly simple, i.e. just an M8 (IIRC) nut buried in the plastic case.

Hi - reversed my old style T5 cali bike rack into a post - need to purchase the frame part that drops down and hold the x4 bike tyre holders- any ideas how to get part / order from thanks

Hi - reversed my old style T5 cali bike rack into a post - need to purchase the frame part that drops down and hold the x4 bike tyre holders- any ideas how to get part / order from thanks
Send an email to Thule in Belgium, very friendly bunch.
If your lucky they might send it you for free, although these days
they'll probably ask you to pay the import duty and shipping costs but worth try.

Send an email to Thule in Belgium, very friendly bunch.
If your lucky they might send it you for free, although these days
they'll probably ask you to pay the import duty and shipping costs but worth try.
Hi don’t think mine was made by thule ? - can anyone confirm this