Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW T5 Bike Rack Spares

J

johnnygold

Hi, I've recently "bashed" by bike rack. After a bit if research the part I've damaged can't be replaced - whole new unit I'm afraid. Next month I'm off on an extended road trip and I need the rack to hold a number of bikes. So long story short... I've bought a new rack - it's getting fitted tomorrow.

That leaves me with a "usable" but damaged spare. Or... lots of spare parts. In an attempt to reduce the cash impact of replacing the rack I'm thinking of breaking down the old rack and selling the parts for spares.

Thoughts? Anyone interested?

I could be, would like one to carry a box on rather than bikes, where in the world are you? have you got a photo? and how much £ you can send me a message on xxxxxxx I will delete the address once you've replied.
Thanks

Last edited:
That looks like I might be able to do some with it - its the frame that fits to the tailgate thats important. Difficult questions are 1. how much do you want for it & 2. could it be parcelled up & delivered at a reasonable cost. I would not need the bike holding arms/clamps or the rails that the wheels fit in.

Hi, I've recently "bashed" by bike rack. After a bit if research the part I've damaged can't be replaced - whole new unit I'm afraid. Next month I'm off on an extended road trip and I need the rack to hold a number of bikes. So long story short... I've bought a new rack - it's getting fitted tomorrow.

That leaves me with a "usable" but damaged spare. Or... lots of spare parts. In an attempt to reduce the cash impact of replacing the rack I'm thinking of breaking down the old rack and selling the parts for spares.

Thoughts? Anyone interested?

I need just two of the plastic inserts that are on the end of the wheel trays that got ripped out of mine. I've got a feeling they can't be removed without breaking them. Let me know if I'm wrong and I'm interested! Only other option would be the entire trays I suppose...

I am interested in all of the bike rack arms.... do pm me if these are available and in working order separately....

Thanks
Mark

I am interested in all of the bike rack arms.... do pm me if these are available and in working order separately....

Thanks
Mark

Not worked out how to PM someone yet - the rack was only two months old when I bashed it. All four arms (three attached plus the fourth that comes separate for the fourth bike) are all in excellent order. Happy to post them (assuming you're UK based). PM me.

I need just two of the plastic inserts that are on the end of the wheel trays that got ripped out of mine. I've got a feeling they can't be removed without breaking them. Let me know if I'm wrong and I'm interested! Only other option would be the entire trays I suppose...

Think the insets break when you try and get them out (one took a hit when I bashed the rack). I can remove all the other racks (three long ones and one short one - the other short one being damaged) and post them if you want. PM me and we can sort something out.

Would be interested in the fourth arm as mine never came with the van.

Mike.

Hi there, if you have a spare tightening knob, that would be brilliant, lost one of ours.... Don't ask!

Cheers Jon

Hi, sorry for not being in touch. Been away for a few days (in the van). I'm happy to sell all the (usable) bits. I'll pop up an ad in the official "for-sale bit" now that I'm a full member. That said I'll reply to those above in the order they responded on the bits they showed interest in.

Would be interested in the fourth arm as mine never came with the van.

Mike.

Hi Mike - if you email me on aegwareth@+++++.com I'll be in touch re the 4th (extension) arm. Happy to post it over.

Hi, i'm trying to find a fourth arm for vw bike rack, can't seem to find one online, has anyone got any ideas or even one they'd be interested in selling?
Thanks
Pete

Hi jonnygold

Its a long shot after all this time but do you have any spares left from your old rack.

Last weekend I managed to drive trough a height restricted car park and smashed up a bike and the long wheel rail (from VW parts diagram #54 - Wheel rail 1550 mm x 1) as well as the shortest bike clamp. The next rail is also a bit bent but not torn in 1/2 like the longest one.

The only parts I can buy from VW UK is the bike clamp and the webbing straps - not the rails ;(

Let me know.

Cheers

Attachments

• vw bike rack.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 37
Hi jonnygold

Its a long shot after all this time but do you have any spares left from your old rack.

Last weekend I managed to drive trough a height restricted car park and smashed up a bike and the long wheel rail (from VW parts diagram #54 - Wheel rail 1550 mm x 1) as well as the shortest bike clamp. The next rail is also a bit bent but not torn in 1/2 like the longest one.

The only parts I can buy from VW UK is the bike clamp and the webbing straps - not the rails ;(

Let me know.

Cheers

I've got a spare long rail in the garage you're welcome to if you're in the South East.

lists at jebr.net
I'll be up that way for a wedding this weekend so could call over on Sunday am if you are around then?

Any chance you have a medium rail?

Has anyone got a spare clamp and tightening bolt for a bike rack I could buy? (number 11 and 14 on this diagram). I seem to have lost it on my last trip (maybe didn't check it was tight enough !!) Luckily i found the pole 3a but the rest dissapeared!!! Many thanks
Rob 07709429385
bikerack_parts1-184x250.jpg

Back