Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW T5 Bike Rack Spares

Hi, I've recently "bashed" by bike rack. After a bit if research the part I've damaged can't be replaced - whole new unit I'm afraid. Next month I'm off on an extended road trip and I need the rack to hold a number of bikes. So long story short... I've bought a new rack - it's getting fitted tomorrow.

That leaves me with a "usable" but damaged spare. Or... lots of spare parts. In an attempt to reduce the cash impact of replacing the rack I'm thinking of breaking down the old rack and selling the parts for spares.

Thoughts? Anyone interested?

I don't suppose you have the locking know and keys available do you. Mine is damaged and going off to France and Spain soon

Has anyone got a spare clamp and tightening bolt for a bike rack I could buy? (number 11 and 14 on this diagram). I seem to have lost it on my last trip (maybe didn't check it was tight enough !!) Luckily i found the pole 3a but the rest dissapeared!!! Many thanks
Rob 07709429385
bikerack_parts1-184x250.jpg
Hi Rob - did you make any progress with this? I haven't lost parts yet, but I very nearly had the same problem!

Cheers

Ian

Hi Rob - did you make any progress with this? I haven't lost parts yet, but I very nearly had the same problem!

Cheers

Ian
Sorry ignore this - just found my answer!

i'm looking for a spare (the smallest one) T5 VW bike clamp, if anyone has one.
Mine has disassembled during transit...

I've got a spare long rail in the garage you're welcome to if you're in the South East.

Hi sorry to bother you. Do you have any spares left? I am looking for a strap and the 4th arm.
Regards
Monica

As I trawl through the site in preperation for my delivery, I am picking up so many gems. Its so helpful. Seems from this and other threads quite a few issues in having a bike rack also. As mine will be fitted on delivery, are there some spare arms that should be delivered with it but not on it? Is it simple to check everything that should be on the rack actually is on delivery day?

Also with all of the bits that people loose, can you overtighten the parts? Or is the loss just simpy forgetting to tighten?

So much to learn so little time...

Many thanks.

Back