Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bits & Bobs - Roofless Cali-Topper.

ChrisB

ChrisB

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Hi all,

Whilst awaiting delivery of my new T6 which will be almost immediately put to use on a 3 week trip to the UK in February.

I have therefore started to collect some essentials that I think I will need.

So far I have acquired a set of inca waterproof seat covers £169 (delivered to Spain.) A rear seat doggie cover I picked up from Lidl at under 10 euros (brilliant) and a brand new Thule awning tie down kit for under 15 euros from my local camping shop.

One piece of kit I am considering is the roofless Cali-Topper as I already have a really good Thule roof box that I want to use and I also want to consider a retro-fit solar panel at a later stage.

The topper does seem to be high quality but it is expensive and I would really value any opinions on this particular item before I take the plunge.

I am also very interested in on opinions of any alternatives to the Cali-Topper.

Thanks in advance

ChrisB

One of my favourite Cali accessories just because of the simplicity. Because it's roofless it's got the middle cut out and so it simply wraps around the Cali. Takes hardly any time at all once you've got used to how it works.

As with any external topper it keeps the Cali dark in the summer mornings, warmer throughout the year and I would argue it reduces noise too but that might just be my imagination.

I've not got into the internal vs external debate because the roofless topper does everything we need. Not got roof bars yet but went for the roofless option to keep it open in the future and because the wrap around seemed a lot more straightforward.

Recommend without hesitation

Back