Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Black Awning with Tent Adapter

OooOooTheMonkey

OooOooTheMonkey

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
Does anybody have an Ocean that has a black awning with a tent adapter? It’s an option that was available but doesn’t seem to be selectable anymore.

Does anybody have an Ocean that has a black awning with a tent adapter? It’s an option that was available but doesn’t seem to be selectable anymore.
Not sure I understand what you mean by “tent adaptor option”. Not seen that listed as an option. The awning has a built in channel for attaching a drive away awning in the front edge under the flap.

Thinking about it, it may have been referring to the actual rails on each side of the van.
They are silver as standard, but I think at one point there was an option to have them black.
Listed as “Awning rail - black with tent adaptor”.

No it was definitely an option on the Ocean when we ordered. The van hasn’t arrived yet but due fairly soon I think (been told status 38). We were told the tent adapter means it has a rail in the front edge of the awning. Our order form says “black awning with tent adapter” on it (see screenshot below). I’m curious now as I haven’t seen a single Cali with this but we were told at the time that the awning can come with a tent adapter built into it. And yes it has now disappeared from the configurator too curiously along with the silver awning option. Looks like VW are gradually removing options available now, presumably as production is coming to an end.

IMG_5996.jpeg

No it was definitely an option on the Ocean when we ordered. The van hasn’t arrived yet but due fairly soon I think (been told status 38). We were told the tent adapter means it has a rail in the front edge of the awning. Our order form says “black awning with tent adapter” on it (see screenshot below). I’m curious now as I haven’t seen a single Cali with this but we were told at the time that the awning can come with a tent adapter built into it. And yes it has now disappeared from the configurator too curiously along with the silver awning option. Looks like VW are gradually removing options available now, presumably as production is coming to an end.

View attachment 108364
I think that’s just a weird description for the wind out awning. They all have a “tent adaptor”.

I think that’s just a weird description for the wind out awning. They all have a “tent adaptor”.
Thanks, you’re probably right. I did wonder, but it was a selectable option over the standard black awning, which is why it was listed on the order form, so not exactly straight forward to understand. All will be revealed soon I guess!

Thanks, you’re probably right. I did wonder, but it was a selectable option over the standard black awning, which is why it was listed on the order form, so not exactly straight forward to understand. All will be revealed soon I guess!
A selectable option that was free?
Let us know what that free option is when you get it!

A selectable option that was free?
Let us know what that free option is when you get it!
Yes, it was a separate option to the standard awning, and no cost difference. Will do.