Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Blackvue Front and Rear dashcam

How dark is it where you park the van? If it’s totally dark you won’t see anything (the camera is obviously not infrared).
It’s very dark between two houses.
I’ll park it forwards a bit and see what it’s like

As I have checked the fuses with Multimeter on T6.1 Fuse Holder SC – Dash Panel behind/below Headlight Switch.

There is no Permanent Live feed, only switched live fuses on the Dash Panel fuse box. Some are timed live ( go off sometime after key removed ) such as 51. 5A- Dash Panel Insert.
( If I am wrong please enlighten me with the fuse number :) )

As I have a parking mode unit which programmed cut the power when the battery gets 12.0v below.
My option for the Permanent Live feed is connecting wires to the under left seat fuse box.
(*try not to use an existing wiring, prefer piggy back fuses)

Now I am seriously thinking why I need a parking mode as my van keeps underground parking with plenty of security cameras. Hmm..

T6.1_DashPanel_Fuse.jpg

You’ll may struggle with a meter unless you know how the very annoying VW canbus system works.

There is a perm live as I found one, have you tried the missing fuses that have a live feed, the bigger ones I seem to recall.

As I have checked the fuses with Multimeter on T6.1 Fuse Holder SC – Dash Panel behind/below Headlight Switch.

There is no Permanent Live feed, only switched live fuses on the Dash Panel fuse box. Some are timed live ( go off sometime after key removed ) such as 51. 5A- Dash Panel Insert.
( If I am wrong please enlighten me with the fuse number :) )

As I have a parking mode unit which programmed cut the power when the battery gets 12.0v below.
My option for the Permanent Live feed is connecting wires to the under left seat fuse box.
(*try not to use an existing wiring, prefer piggy back fuses)

Now I am seriously thinking why I need a parking mode as my van keeps underground parking with plenty of security cameras. Hmm..

View attachment 86754
Hi @studioTUNGSTEN , I had my Blackvue cameras installed by SatNav Solutions in Surbiton. I can’t say where they connected the live feed but I can say that it is in the fuse box in your picture (the one below the headlight switch). They also fitted the Power Magic Pro within that fusebox. There must therefore be an always on Live available in that location. Regarding whether you need Parking Mode?, I would say that since you’ve paid for it you might as well use it. You won’t always be parked in a garage with CCTV.

Hi @studioTUNGSTEN , I had my Blackvue cameras installed by SatNav Solutions in Surbiton. I can’t say where they connected the live feed but I can say that it is in the fuse box in your picture (the one below the headlight switch). They also fitted the Power Magic Pro within that fusebox. There must therefore be an always on Live available in that location. Regarding whether you need Parking Mode?, I would say that since you’ve paid for it you might as well use it. You won’t always be parked in a garage with CCTV.
If you can post your fuse box pics that might helpful!
May be they connected from the existing wires not from the fuses? :)

Here you go, bit dark outside but you should be able to see what I connected too.

View attachment 86755
Your permanent live is connected to Fuse 33 25A-Front Right Headlight MX2.

Will check if thats working here.

I have checked the fuse! Thats a permanent Live! Thanks Guys! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Abx
I am failed to find a permanent live from the dash fuse box, (thanks #Abx but Fuse 33 was also timed live)
Maybe I need to wire to under passenger seat Fuse box. Grrr…

I am failed to find a permanent live from the dash fuse box, (thanks #Abx but Fuse 33 was also timed live)
For your reference @studioTUNGSTEN , my Blackvue was fitted by SatNav Solutions in Surbiton and they wired it to a permanent live feed in the fuse box below the headlight switch, so there is one there. They also fitted the Power Magic Pro within that fusebox. Sorry I can’t tell you which fuse they used without pulling the PMP out - don’t want to disturb things.

How odd, the left fuse in my pic (on my 2020 6.1 Ocean) is perm live and connected to the yellow battery wire on my Blackvue and works fine, perhaps the fuse box is slightly different on yours......maybe 4MO or some other options we may choose when ordering have an impact on the fuse box and fuse locations, hence why VW no longer put a pic of what is where on the back of the fuse box flap?

Sorry to bump this thread but I’ve just got a thinkware dashcam with parking mode to fit to my 2022 6.1 Ocean. I looked in the handbook for fuse type and a fuse diagram but found that to be completely useless as it just seemed to indicate that all due tab types are used. I need to buy some piggy back fuse tails to connect the camera too, so do all the fuses have the same tabs/pins or are they all different? If all different I guess I’ve got to identify which fuses to piggy back off for permanent and switched live and then pull those fuses to see what type they are. But if anyone can advise me then it may save a bit of time in getting the right piggy back tails.
TIA.

Back