Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bluetooth and pop up roof

Topman

Topman

Vehicle
T5 Cali on order
Hi

A couple of questions for you Cali owners

Looking at getting Bluetooth fitted as an add on is the one in the VW catalogue as an add on option , it has a small screen and looks like it will be mounted on the dash is it any good ?

Also will I need a cover for the pop up roof or is the canvas waterproof enough to cope with the British weather

Any advice very much welcome
Chris

On the Bluetooth whilst the add on accessory version will be ok the integrated systems are so much better you might want to get one retro fitted at the likes of hazzy dayz.

Steve.

We recently bought a Polo which had bluetooth fitted as standard - the type with the little screen mounted on the dash by the A-pillar.

It works well.

Hi Topman, I have a Vanorak roof cover for sale which I Posted on the forum last week. I am reluctantly changing my Cali for a motorhome. I have it listed for £90. I found that the fabric on the roof bellows is not totally waterproof and like a tent without a fly sheet some "wicking" will occur and the bedding can get damp if it touches the roof fabric.

also a roof cover keeps the Cali a lot warmer in cooler weather.

I reckon that it is worthwhile getting Bluetooth as an original fit along with MDI and MSFW. I have the Kufatec basic plus which integrates with the standard radio and uses the instrument display. Hazzydayzs also fitted a MFSW, Bluetooth and MDI unit to my Cali demo which only had the basic radio. I wasn't too worried about a fancy radio, satnav or making numerous calls and what I have suits me fine. I can receive calls and play all the music on my iPod.

I have the Kufatec as the dealer had fitted it, couldn't get it to work and left it in the Cali (FOC). Hazzydayzs found it defective and poorly fitted - they showed me the work. Kufatec replaced it under warranty and allowed me to upgrade to the basic plus which Hazzydayzs arranged for me.

If you can, get it factory fitted as dealers often outsource audio work and the quality is variable.

Andy

I wish I had bluetooth fitted as factory default. I got a parrot kit installed, but after a year, got the Kenwood Satnav/Dab/bluetooth all in one fitted, in place of the parrot.

Reasonably happy with that, except DAB reception seems to have got worse over time ... need to investigate. Also, no streaming bluetooth audio, so need to use a separate dongle for that.

Cheers for all your advice , im going to dig deeper into may pocket and go for the Kenwood Multi media fiited by VW

:thanks

Back