Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bluetooth battery monitor

Is there no way of monitoring your leisure battery in a beach?
Not that I'm aware of, I don't have the powered roof/console which I think shows it on the SE/ocean.
Worth a punt at £1.28 before I spend more trying to be all fancy. Cheers

Last edited:
Personally, I think it is a gizmo looking for a roll. I wonder how much current it will use powering the BlueTooth transmitter.
My California is a daily driver with a solar panel so I don't think it would be of any benefit to me.

Personally, I think it is a gizmo looking for a roll. I wonder how much current it will use powering the BlueTooth transmitter.
My California is a daily driver with a solar panel so I don't think it would be of any benefit to me.
Probably right WelshGas. Now T4WFA has posted that link and I've seen all plug in ones I will probably go for one of those!
I can imagine that running daily and having a solar panel that you don't have any power problems, nice set up!
Cheers.

Another vote for the plug in version here. Very easy to use for both leisure and main battery. Checked it against my multimeter and returns same values as that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not that I'm aware of, I don't have the powered roof/console which I think shows it on the SE/ocean.
Worth a punt at £1.28 before I spend more trying to be all fancy. Cheers
I've got one of those from a previous campervan. It's within 0.1v of the display on my built in control panel. Probably take 10 days to come from Hong Kong, but how do they make and ship those for £1.28?

Another vote for the plug in version here. Very easy to use for both leisure and main battery. Checked it against my multimeter and returns same values as that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cheers Owen_h very reassuring!

I've got one of those from a previous campervan. It's within 0.1v of the display on my built in control panel. Probably take 10 days to come from Hong Kong, but how do they make and ship those for £1.28?
That'll do for me then! Hard to comprehend isn't it.

I have a CTEK battery indicator thing that has a very low power useage and a flashing LED with battery condition for about a tenner. I also have a chinese plug in job, but they are not always as accurate so I take its reading as a rough guide.