Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bluetooth Microphone

jamie

jamie

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
N/A
I'm going to retroft bluetooth into my 2010 cali but can't see where the microphone should go.
Please can someone with bluetooth post a photo of the area on the roof where the map reading lights are.
Thanks

Jamie

IMG_0808.jpg

Jamie I have the vw bluetooth fitted to mine and the mic is fixed to the drivers
Windscreen pillar.

Calikev said:
Jamie I have the vw bluetooth fitted to mine and the mic is fixed to the drivers
Windscreen pillar.
Is that the premium VW one that intigrates with the radio and multifunction stearing wheel?
The unit i have, the mic is a ugly oblong block that must belong behind trim somwhere

It is a vw one linked to the radio although I don't have the mfsw the mic is about the size of a thimble
It's round with a bit of foam on it.

I had a RNS510 with the bluetooth kit fitted to my cali by Hazy Dayz. It has the oblong black mic which is supposed to fit behind a grill in the upper central console. Problem is mine has no grill for it. Graham at Hazy Dayz said he would get the correct part & fit it for me. He must be having difficulties finding the correct part as I've not heard from him. I will email him & let you know what he says.

Thanks Andy.
I have the same oblong black mic, if i can't find out where its ment to fit i will carefully cut some slots to match the ultrasonic ones in to the trim nearest to the front window and glue it.

Thanks Jamie, I spoke to local dealer yesterday who said the part they reckon I need is on backorder with no availability date !
Will ring him on Monday with your part number & go from there.

They havent got any easier to source in the 4 years since this post was made haha :) May have to look for a different mic to make it easier.

Incidentally I have one of these parts brand new in the bag but no use to a 2015 van (they changed that panel) if anyone needs one to source one.

Back