Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

BLUETTI SwapSolar - thoughts?

D

da_murphster

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
This is possibly aimed more at Beach owners.

Just been sent this through kickstarter.

Fridge freezer with swap out battery.

Alleged 6 days of fridge use on one battery

I was going to go down the solar route and maybe swap the leisure battery for lifepo4 (if anyone can find me a drop in solution)

But I was thinking that maybe leave my leisure battery alone, forget the solar and just swap my fridge for one of these?

Currently have a Waeco CF-40 (I assume the bluetti would not fit under the multiflex)

Sounds like a bad idea all together. Get yourself an installed panel and then you dont need to replace a working battery either.

I've just had a measure and it wont fit under my multiflex board - could stick it behind the seats but would rather not.

Pity as a fridge you can use independently from the van would be useful (and I like the ice maker!)

I've got a 110ah battery and it doesnt seem to run my fridge for more than a day - loathed to cough up for another when Lifepo4 seems so much better but no one seems to offer a simple Lifepo4 solution for a Beach.

Solar it is then!

I have the original battery of 80Ah and that can last several days driving our CFX28 and solar panels makes it work forever.
When all influencers in the world suddenly are payed to make positive “reviews” of Bluetti and the likes I get skeptical. If you just get solar and you have a fresh 120Ah life will be easy.

Back