Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Battery LA95 v F21 - Will a LA95 fit under the Cali T6 passenger seat.

Goldie

Goldie

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
My Beach leisure battery only lasts a few hours before my Dometic CF-40 fridge starts to error. If I transfer to my solar charged AGM leisure battery that I move between vehicles it will last for days. The battery is six years old and I probably need a need one (2017 beach with about 12,000 miles and not regularly charged on EHU:().

1.The standard Varta LA80 is not available in NZ and I haven't asked VW for a quote yet - I expect it to be around the $1000 dollar range! Has anyone fitted the larger LA95 under the T6 California passenger seat? It is 353mm long compared to 315mm and costs $509.

2.The F21 is also available, same size as the LA80 but around $620. I've seen the debate on here between leisure batteries and stop/start batteries, but has anyone actually had any problems using the F21 as a leisure battery.

Advice, and especially experience, appreciated, rather than opinions.

Thanks

Andrew

My Beach leisure battery only lasts a few hours before my Dometic CF-40 fridge starts to error. If I transfer to my solar charged AGM leisure battery that I move between vehicles it will last for days. The battery is six years old and I probably need a need one (2017 beach with about 12,000 miles and not regularly charged on EHU:().

1.The standard Varta LA80 is not available in NZ and I haven't asked VW for a quote yet - I expect it to be around the $1000 dollar range! Has anyone fitted the larger LA95 under the T6 California passenger seat? It is 353mm long compared to 315mm and costs $509.

2.The F21 is also available, same size as the LA80 but around $620. I've seen the debate on here between leisure batteries and stop/start batteries, but has anyone actually had any problems using the F21 as a leisure battery.

Thanks

Andrew
In Europe the F21 is cheaper than the LA80 and a , I believe Swedish member, fitted F21s as Leisure battery replacements with no problems. The Technical specifications for both batteries is the same although the warranty was 1 Yr longer on the LA80.
As to whether the longer LA 95 will fit, have you measured the space available?

Thanks

Andrew

Not quite on the subject of leisure batteries, I've just bought a new engine battery for my Cali and can confirm Varta have changed the F21 designation to A6.

Same battery different number.

Cheapest I could get was via Tayna at £168.41.

In Europe the F21 is cheaper than the LA80 and a , I believe Swedish member, fitted F21s as Leisure battery replacements with no problems. The Technical specifications for both batteries is the same although the warranty was 1 Yr longer on the LA80.
As to whether the longer LA 95 will fit, have you measured the space available?
I was away from home and didn't want to remove the seat for access. Cali is still in South Island waiting for my New Year trip.
Once I get it home will have a better look. The F21 is probably the answer, similar spec and size to the original.

Andrew

Back