Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Keeping Leisure Battery Charged at Festivals

isn't there an urban myth about a winnebego crashing in the us because they went to make a coffee with the cruise control on and it went to court because it didn't say not to in the handbook ?

But wait. It is in my guide, which surely means that it has nothing to do with a function that is not available on my vehicle.

I also found the following statements: "
Drive the vehicle for a sufficient
length of time to recharge the additional battery" and "pull off as soon possible". I won't provide reference because I do not want to deprive anyone the opportunity of accusing of lying and you can make of these what you will.

Strangely, I couldn't find a warning not to drive with the tailgate open, something from first hand experience I am very surprised that, by omissions, VW have recommended, (edit - sorry, my mistake, it comes under "boot lid". Weird that no audible warning is provided if left open though).

There are numerous omissions that I'm sure others might have fun suggesting you try.

Finally there is a recent thread elsewhere that suggests that if close to full and the DPF is deprived of a regeneration, (through idling), it could force the engine into limp mode. This is something that can only be rectified at great expense and not something one would want in a muddy field at Worthy Farm. I have no idea if the person saying this knows his stuff, but I guess he must be mistaken.as VW don't appear to have mention it in the manual.
As Anna said (or Elsa, no idea) time to "Let it go".

isn't there an urban myth about a winnebego crashing in the us because they went to make a coffee with the cruise control on and it went to court because it didn't say not to in the handbook ?
I think America is one big urban myth.

For me, until last week that summed up pretty accuratly the American mentality.

It was replaced this week with the quote from the Fox News presenter when he heard Lionel Messi was moving to the USA to play:

However, Fox's Kilmeade sought to raise issue with the player's potential language barrier, using a bizarre comparison to Englishman David Beckham. He said live on air: "The only thing I worry about, he [Messi] doesn't speak English, and I want to see him sit down and talk. One thing about David Beckham, he learned to speak English for us, with an accent, when he came at 32 years old."

If you have just driven to a festival and arrived with your DPF close to full, well you already have problems.
That depends where you have driven from and if you are stupid enough to arrive at peak time.
As Anna said (or Elsa, no idea) time to "Let it go".
Why am I the one who is being told to "cool down" or "let go". Others seem to be equally guiltty in keeping this rolling. Anyway, for all you know I have never been hot and might just be doing this for sport.

Probably will be full - normally hours of queues to get in & out.

Good job the emissions while queuing are not seen as a problem.
Well there you go. 'King stupid to suggest idling the engine under those circumstances isn't it? But as has been said many times, it's your vehicle, so do what you want with it.

Obviously didn't get the response he hoped for as he has now asked for account to be deleted.

"" I won't post anything more until I receive a response form the Glastonbury organisers. This may or may make most of this thread irrelevant but whatever, I promise to post it. ""

Back