Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

BMW Estate to California Ocean..........

Triciap

Triciap

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hello, I thought it was about time I introduced myself (Tricia) my partner Bruce and our two Sprocker Spaniels, Alfie and Dexter. We took delivery of a new T6 California Ocean 204 DSG at the end of June.

Prior to ordering it we had a weeks trial run in a converted T4 in March 2015. Decided it wasn't for us and left it at that. Fast forward to February 2016 and the Scottish Caravan, Motorhome and Holiday Show and we found ourselves drooling over the California Ocean........ 2 weeks later we drove to Clark Commercials, Edinburgh and before we could stop ourselves, ended up ordering one!!! We have had to sacrifice the BMW and my partner now uses the Cali to commute to and from work. No hardship there!

We managed to get a couple of one night trips away before someone ran up the backside of the van, so three weeks later it was being transported to VW garage in Kirkcaldy for repair. Just got it back in time for our annual trip to the Lake District 3 weeks ago.

We had such a great time and the van is fantastic. Took way too much "stuff" with us but we are still learning. Really didn't want to come home (after 2 weeks away) and cannot wait for our next trip back to Keswick in a few weeks time.

Hello and welcome, damn I thought I was first but Mike beat me :D

We've gone a similar route, in the process of replacing a Volvo with a VW. Still hoping it's the correct choice. If all goes to plan and it's not a 6 week thing*, I hope to make more weekends of it just exploring the local Northumberland, North York moors and the Lakes too.

*6 week thing = Something you buy and think wow that will be so good and after 6 weeks it ends up on a shelf at the back of the cupboard. I'm guessing lots of Nutri-bullets have gone this way. :)

Hello and welcome, damn I thought I was first but Mike beat me :D

We've gone a similar route, in the process of replacing a Volvo with a VW. Still hoping it's the correct choice. If all goes to plan and it's not a 6 week thing*, I hope to make more weekends of it just exploring the local Northumberland, North York moors and the Lakes too.

*6 week thing = Something you buy and think wow that will be so good and after 6 weeks it ends up on a shelf at the back of the cupboard. I'm guessing lots of Nutri-bullets have gone this way. :)

Ha !

Sometimes I think we are crazy giving up the car for a van but it's not just any van......... We are hoping to get away as much as we can. Watch this space!

Welcome. Glad you're using it. Being really honest - was swapping the BMW for the California that big a sacrifice?:thumb

Welcome. Glad you're using it. Being really honest - was swapping the BMW for the California that big a sacrifice?:thumb
Nah. Certainly not for me (wasn't my car !!) I much prefer the California and thankfully so does the other half :)

Big welcome Tricia & Bruce & Alfie & Dexter
Sold my BMW for our Cali. Was sad to see it go ,loved driving it .
It was short lived sadness .
In France at the moment first trip abroad in the National Park Cevennes. Amazing scenery & walking . Traveling with Meg & Millie our two westies.
The Cali has been amazing ,so superior to my BMW in every way.

Hi and welcome , it takes a few trips to find out what your specific basics are to take in the Cali at every time . On top you just add stuff in order to the destination ....beach -mountain-citytrip- ...or whatever the destination is ...:thumb

Welcome Tricia. Nice van. Hope you have many an adventure with it...

Welcome @Triciap &Bruce and Alfie&Dexter!
Great looking "Van"! I like it. May I ask a question: you mounted some roof bars. Are these the VW ones?

Sapto

Big welcome Tricia & Bruce & Alfie & Dexter
Sold my BMW for our Cali. Was sad to see it go ,loved driving it .
It was short lived sadness .
In France at the moment first trip abroad in the National Park Cevennes. Amazing scenery & walking . Traveling with Meg & Millie our two westies.
The Cali has been amazing ,so superior to my BMW in every way.
Thank you. We have been the same with the BMW. Our Cali is a totally different drive but still fun :) Enjoy your holiday in France with Meg and Millie. Europe is on our list for next year..........!

Hi and welcome , it takes a few trips to find out what your specific basics are to take in the Cali at every time . On top you just add stuff in order to the destination ....beach -mountain-citytrip- ...or whatever the destination is ...:thumb
Thank you. We will get used to it but I must admit I have pre-cons for packing too much stuff.

You will take to much on your first trips and filter it down to your own nesecary afther a few trips....don't worry to much ...enjoy!

Just add some black hessian and a cam net and all the Ss will be taken care of for that stealth effect

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Don't go giving my other half any ideas ;):)

Welcome @Triciap &Bruce and Alfie&Dexter!
Great looking "Van"! I like it. May I ask a question: you mounted some roof bars. Are these the VW ones?

Sapto
Thanks Sapto. Yeah, we sacrificed the bike rack for the roof bars. Just taken delivery of a tow bar mounted bike rack as my partner has now decided that we need one :)

Thanks Sapto. Yeah, we sacrificed the bike rack for the roof bars. Just taken delivery of a tow bar mounted bike rack as my partner has now decided that we need one :)

Is it an Atera DL 3 or Thule G929 one? Had some post about them recently.