Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Club Meet Bolsover (Coincident with VW Shop Open Day) 9-11 Nov 2018

Be Quick
********Stop Press********
Just two places left as at 16 Oct.

If there are folks who have booked up and can no longer make it please can you let me know so we can try and fill your no longer wanted space?
Thx

Finally got round to booking so only one space left now ;) Looking forward to meeting everyone and having a good neb in other people's vans. Are there plans for a Friday night visit to the Italian restaurant again by any chance, Rik?

Finally got round to booking so only one space left now ;) Looking forward to meeting everyone and having a good neb in other people's vans. Are there plans for a Friday night visit to the Italian restaurant again by any chance, Rik?
Hi TJand J!
Looking forwards to meeting you guys again too. Friday night may be difficult for me as I will be "on duty" checking everyone in and I am not sure how late folks will arrive. I know some won't arrive until Saturday (I am sure that is after visiting the Open Day). As for late arrivals on Friday I just don't know.
At the moment I have not booked or even found out if they would have space for a small party. That said I think it unlikely I would be able to commit as I have a feeling I will be eating on the hoof as it were!
Do you want to organise with others? I'm sure you will get some takers. The list of participants is here https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/events/bolsover-co-incident-with-club-shop-open-day.30/ it is not exhaustive or entirely accurate:( but would be a good place to start. The following will not be joining us. Martin, Vale45, Antonio Buffer and Zampavan but you could float the idea with others? Just a thought. The restaurant was Rossini's 01623 232950 which is about 25 mins walking.
R & T

We are booked in for Saturday. look forward to seeing you all.

Cheers, Brendan & Sue.

We are booked in for Saturday. look forward to seeing you all.

Cheers, Brendan & Sue.
Excellent! Looking forward to meeting you. Watch this space for final details.

Just three weeks to go!

A while ago I promised you some detailed information, well here it is! It should have all the information you need to have an enjoyable weekend.

On arrival at the site please check in with the site (Val or Steve) at the barrier (Mobile home on the right).

Terri and I will be at the site from about Midday onwards on Friday to welcome you all and will be located on the main drag. You should look out for an Acapulco Blue Ocean with a club flag and banner in front of it and if you could check in with us too that would be great. If its raining I will be in our van or under a big umbrella! :thumb.
If you are likely to be late arrivals can you please let the site and me know with an eta. For those arriving on Saturday please make yourselves known to me at a convenient time, preferably before we all set off to the Brewery.

In the meantime should you have any queries then you know where I am:).

Looking forwards to meeting everyone.

Rik & Terri.

Attachments

• Bolsover_Hand_Out.pdf
    660 KB · Views: 35
@Annik , @Asprin , @Bobbybus , @Bremor19 , @briwy , @Calimagg , @Darren Hughes , @David Green , @Erbster , @GillianC , @JudeT, @liaoyang , @Lizzyj , @Lulu , @Speleo62 , @Starlight , @Steve n Jayne , @Steve&Bev , @Tandt , @Wind Witch

Motacyclist and Mr T are also joining us but they have already seen the programme via another route so are not listed above.

Just in case you haven't seen the programme and details of the Bolsover Meet. Please find attached. Please also read my last post for a little extra detail about checking in.
See you all in three weeks time.:cheers

In the meantime should you have any queries then you know where I am:).

Attachments

• Bolsover_Hand_Out.pdf
    660 KB · Views: 26
has anyone booked for fri night at Rossini's ? I just phoned and they have space for a group if anyone wants to go is it easy walking? we would like to go Jane and Derek

Hi Rik, should we plan a late lunch / early dinner because the brewery don’t seem to offer food unless I’m mistaken. Not sure what other options are nearby other than heading into Mansfield. Looking forward to it though.

has anyone booked for fri night at Rossini's ? I just phoned and they have space for a group if anyone wants to go is it easy walking? we would like to go Jane and Derek
We would love to come but feel I need to be on site to welcome everyone but I think Teejay and Jane could be interested - see post #54 above. Walking? It's not arduous and takes about 25 minutes. A map is below so you can assess the route.
upload_2018-10-23_9-40-58.png

Hi Rik, should we plan a late lunch / early dinner because the brewery don’t seem to offer food unless I’m mistaken. Not sure what other options are nearby other than heading into Mansfield. Looking forward to it though.
Your right, the Brewery do not offer food but a delivered takeaway seemed to be a common option last time. (That's what we will do).
Of course you can have a late lunch / early dinner in your Cali or in a restaurant near by. You will have seen a couple of posts about the possibility of a group going to Rossini's on Friday night but there is no reason why this shouldn't be an option on Saturday evening. Just be aware the Brewery event finishes at 23:00. Hope this helps. Also looking forwards! :)

Your right, the Brewery do not offer food but a delivered takeaway seemed to be a common option last time. (That's what we will do)."

Takeaway sounds good to me, although I'm pretty easy and will happily go with the flow

Is this fully booked now? If so, put me on the reserve list for any cancellations. Thanks

Is this fully booked now? If so, put me on the reserve list for any cancellations. Thanks
Hi, I don't actually know if its fully booked as I am not in control of that aspect. The site take all the bookings directly. I spoke to them three days ago and they had two places left. I think the best way is if you call them and see if they will take your booking. If not can you report back here so we can try and find a firm cancellation that you could use. Looking at the names I have there could be two that may be available.
Sorry to be a bit wooly but the problem I have is I don't get to see who has booked and the site can't advise me (Its to do with data protection!) and actually I only find out when folks check in at the site on Friday or Saturday. Anyway let's see if we can sort this out for you. Let me know how you get on.

I won't know if I can make it until a week before, are there any other campsites we can meet up at, I did have a brief look but there is a big lack of campsites in this area

@Annik are you booked in? Arriving Friday or Saturday?

Hi, I don't actually know if its fully booked as I am not in control of that aspect. The site take all the bookings directly. I spoke to them three days ago and they had two places left. I think the best way is if you call them and see if they will take your booking. If not can you report back here so we can try and find a firm cancellation that you could use. Looking at the names I have there could be two that may be available.
Sorry to be a bit wooly but the problem I have is I don't get to see who has booked and the site can't advise me (Its to do with data protection!) and actually I only find out when folks check in at the site on Friday or Saturday. Anyway let's see if we can sort this out for you. Let me know how you get on.
Ok. Thanks. I’ll give the site a call.

Site have confirmed they are full. Still interested if there is a cancellation. Thanks

We also tried to book and told now full :sorry

Is it worth having an overflow at another site ?

We also tried to book and told now full :sorry

Is it worth having an overflow at another site ?
I have already suggested that this site may be an alternative if all else fails but I am seeing if there are any bookings made by folks who can no longer attend. I will advise.