Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Club Meet Bolsover (Coincident with VW Shop Open Day) 9-11 Nov 2018

Well! Only three days to go!

As you will all know the site is now fully booked pending cancellations. We have 25 Cali's booked in which I think is close to the max the site can take in totality. It's a take over!

We also have maybe two or three booked on another site just 15 minutes away. http://www.sherwoodforestholidaypark.co.uk/ who will join us at the Brewery on Saturday night.

I have just spoken to Val, the site Manager, and she gave me some extra info - they will be in number 16 which, I think, is immediately right of the entry barrier. She will check you in.

We (Terri and I) have decided to arrive a day early as we have a party tent to put up for social stuff on Friday evening and for folks who are not going to the brewery on Saturday. We don't really want to put it up on Friday pm with all you guys arriving etc and in case it is raining a little ;). On that note the forecast is not too bad for the time of year. Friday is not the best with some heavy rain mid/late evening. Saturday should be dry - good for the open day and walk to the Brewery and back, whilst Sunday is forecast for sunny showers. Temperatures are 11/12 degrees with lows of 5/7 over night.

So! I think we are all set - see you all on Friday/Saturday.

Rik and Terri

Update....OK, so the party tent is up but we already had to take the sides down because of wind and noise. Hopefully all will be OK tomorrow.....anyway here are a couple of pics as it started to go dark. Currently we are at the Foxglove Pub. Walking distance, about 12 mins

11CF781F-65DD-443F-A475-CA40B819D46F.jpeg

8AE795A2-E266-4E76-9212-F8A6BDE6A22E.jpeg

Looking good Rik..

Are you all coming up in convoy?
No plan that I’m am aware of. I know we won’t be first to make our way on Saturday morning! If I reacall last year everyone made their own way to the shop. Is there an issue space wise?

Have a great meet !
Good to see a warm welcome will be ready when the first folks arrive on site , superb job Rik :thumb
We are of in the Cali to France on saturdaymornig visting my brother in law...

Have a great meet !
Good to see a warm welcome will be ready when the first folks arrive on site , superb job Rik :thumb
We are of in the Cali to France on saturdaymornig visting my brother in law...
Thanks for your good wishes. Not sure about warm welcome. Heavy rain, 11 degrees and 12m/s winds forecast. I think we might have to hang on to the tent!!

Sadly not an ideal evening to meet people, despite @Jabberwocky 's hard work on the gazebo the weather hasn't been too cooperative. It is November though!

Earlier, we walked up the road and mysteriously found ourselves in The Foxglove pub, I don't know how that happened!

Hopefully we will be able to meet up tomorrow in the shop and then we can have a p*** up in the brewery! :D

Just one pic of our corner before it went too dark.
D348D310-3391-482B-AFAC-7F07B70A6B5D.jpeg

Sadly the gazebo has succumbed to the weather and we experienced two bent poles so inevitably it had to come down for safety reasons. (Possible damage to @Calimagg Cali).
But not before we spotted a thief!! A bad boy dog stealing the biscuits!!!

CE4C80FE-DA09-4A68-9A4F-5C148CBCB813.jpeg

Hi everyone,

I should have been with you all this weekend to join in the fun; I am full of a cold/flu thing which I thought I could sleep off in time for the brewery tonight - not happening, so I'm gutted I won't be joining you :( :( :(.
If there is anyone who would like to use my pitch please offer it to them free of charge I will let Tall Trees know.
Well done Rik and Terri and see you all soon x:cheers

Christine x

You’ll be missed tonight, as will your optic
Hope you’re feeling better soon x

Hi everyone,

I should have been with you all this weekend to join in the fun; I am full of a cold/flu thing which I thought I could sleep off in time for the brewery tonight - not happening, so I'm gutted I won't be joining you :( :( :(.
If there is anyone who would like to use my pitch please offer it to them free of charge I will let Tall Trees know.

Christine x
Hi Chtistine, thanks for letting us know. Sorry to hear you are not 100% and hope you make a speedy recovery.
Thanks also for your kind words. x
R&T

Hi everyone,

Christine x
Sorry to hear that Chris, and our Cali is most disappointed and missing its twin! Get well soon :thumb

Good run home after a great weekend.
Many thanks to Rik and Terri for organising it and looking after us so well. Much appreciated.
As always, good to see familiar faces and meet new friends.

Good run home after a great weekend.
Many thanks to Rik and Terri for organising it and looking after us so well. Much appreciated.
As always, good to see familiar faces and meet new friends.
Great to see you again Gillian - glad your journey home was event free unlike getting to the meet on Friday!
The organising is no trouble - you are most welcome. Your appreciation makes it all the easier. Thank you. Until the next time.
R & T xx

And did the shop sell-out empty ....?
:D

What a great weekend. Special thanks to @Jabberwocky for going the extra mile. The devil is in the detail. S&C(and B)

Who was the van with the Darth Vader front screen cover? I need one of those!

no problem rik and thank you for organising the rest of the weekend your a star:thumb