California Club Meet Bolsover (Coincident with VW Shop Open Day) 9-11 Nov 2018

Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky

Forever young (ish!)
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Just some advance information at this stage so you can put dates in your diaries.

Dates:
9-11 November (10th November is the VW Shop Open Day)
Location: Tall Trees Camping Site, Old Mill Lane, Forest Town, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, NG19 0JP, UK
Social: 10th November - Visit to Micro Brewery for the evening for chat/sharing info/experience/banter, general get together. (Oh! and some beer.....)

Last edited by a moderator:
OK! Time for a little more detail.

Dates: 9th – 11th November (The 10th November is VW Camper Shop open day which is about 10 miles away)
Tall Trees Touring Park ( http://www.talltreestouringpark.co.uk/ )
Old Mill Lane
Forest Town
Mansfield
NG19 0JP
GPS:
53° 9'31.87"N
1°10'35.65"W

Venue: Central Grass Area (no hard-standing areas)

Price: £15 per night (Inc. EHU - 100% payable on booking).

Arrival & Departure:
Arrive: After 12:00hrs
Depart: Before 11:00hrs

Booking: Tel: 01623 626 503 (Val or Steve)
Quote: “VW California” to reserve your central grass area.

Social: Brewery visit planned for Saturday night - more info to follow.

Please let me know if you need more information and don't forget to post here if you do book - just helps in coordinating and makes sure no one is left wondering what's going on.

[RSVP=24466]Click here to RSVP[/RSVP]

In all the years of being a member of this forum I have yet to get to a meet.

For the record, before being labelled a recluse, I must advise that as an historian with an involvement in the events known as "The Great War" I must apologise for having to be elsewhere on the centenary of armistice day :(

Last edited:
In all the years of being a member of this forum I have yet to get to a meet.

For the record, before being labelled a recluse, I must advise that as an historian with an involvement in the events known as "The Great War" I must apologise for having to be elsewhere on the centenary of armistice day :(
We will miss you. One day, one day! We will keep trying to entice you. :)

All booked. Need to start saving for shop visit, although surely there can’t be anything I haven’t already got!

All booked. Need to start saving for shop visit, although surely there can’t be anything I haven’t already got!
Will be great to see you both again.
We’re a bit like you on the ‘what to buy’ front but want to keep up to date. Still don’t have a topper though and we might just need one in early November! Currently only need some plastic clip thingys for the upper bed as we seem to have broken a few since we left the UK.
In any event the social meet including the brewery is a must and not to be missed!

Definitely second the brewery! See you in Denmark

OK! Time for a little more detail.

Dates: 9th – 11th November (The 10th November is VW Camper Shop open day which is about 10 miles away)
Tall Trees Touring Park ( http://www.talltreestouringpark.co.uk/ )
Old Mill Lane
Forest Town
Mansfield
NG19 0JP
GPS:
53° 9'31.87"N
1°10'35.65"W

Venue: Central Grass Area (no hard-standing areas)

Price: £15 per night (Inc. EHU - 100% payable on booking).

Arrival & Departure:
Arrive: After 12:00hrs
Depart: Before 11:00hrs

Booking: Tel: 01623 626 503 (Val or Steve)
Quote: “VW California” to reserve your central grass area.

Social: Brewery visit planned for Saturday night - more info to follow.

Please let me know if you need more information and don't forget to post here if you do book - just helps in coordinating and makes sure no one is left wondering what's going on.

How do I book please

How do I book please
Sorted, seen it now I'll phone Tuesday

Last edited:
Why people's kids wake up so early, you know who you are :mute

We are booked but may not have our new van due to delays. Anyone fancy putting us up for the night, wont make a noise & I cook a mean breakfast.

Thanks Rik, just sent an email to the site to reserve a pitch, will phone and pay tomorrow.

Looking forward to it! :thumb

Hello, I have just booked this - It will be my first club meet ever, in just over a year of ownership, very much looking forward to meeting you all!

Hello, I have just booked this - It will be my first club meet ever, in just over a year of ownership, very much looking forward to meeting you all!
Hi Mr T, You will be made most welcome.
As you can imagine I am in the process of preparing for our meet at Tall Trees Camp Site and wondered if you could let me have the real names of all your crew. Please send to this email address T600VWC@+++++.com . I intend to produce ID cards for each Cali so they can be displayed in your windscreen so other members know who you are - a small ice breaker. (You can choose not to display if you prefer but want to give folks the option)
For your information we have 16 Cali's booked so far with a max of 25/26. This is a good number I think. Not too big and not too small.
More info to follow.
Kind Regards
Rik & Terri

Have just booked for nov 9/10 jane and derek
Excellent! Looking forwards to meeting you guys next month.
Kind Regards
Rik & Terri