Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bolts on camping seats from the boot

B

Billtinsley

VIP Member
Can anybody tell me if the parts for the seats ie bolts and plastic washer parts are available ! Two have just disappeared only used them four times so a bit p :headbang off bill candycal

:D well that's brilliant thanks for that a another very satisfied club member,I have ordered them now, just a point to members get them to check their bolts regularly as all mine were loose, my wife says that's normal , I don't know what she means :thumb :thanks :upsidedown

I ordered a set from the forum's shop what I got was two bolts 30mm long and 2 female chrome nuts with screwdriver slot and the two grey nylon spacers. My missing bolt was the second one down from the top of the backrest and that one needs to have a 35 mm length shank and a captive locknut. Studying the chairs it seems that the five main fixings on each side of the chairs are all of a different length and locking mechanism. I'm abroad at the moment and had to make do with a spare 2 inch hex. bolt with 5 steel spacer washers on the outside.

Hi
Someone on here suggested using "Locktight" there are several grades.It helps to stop them loosening
I followed his advice. One can also use ordinary paint ,oil based is the best, Just a blob, not too much.

I lost a nut on the seats after six months. Called in to dealers to get a replacement which I got after a few days...
A new chair!
I said then I thought it stupid.
Anyway, the loctite tip mentioned earlier worked fine

Back