Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Apart from camping in a Cali is great for...

KernowLad

Gone, but not forgotten!
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Surf trips - you have a brilliant rear boot to change in, heated seats to thaw out and you can make a brew. Ours was a "base" today for our mates family of four and us (4) - heater on after we got out of the sea, tea all round, awning out when the heavens opened.

A spare kitchen - we tend to leave non perishables in the Cali. The amount of times we've run out of something in the house but had spares in the van are many.

An MTB wagon - line the back with a tarp and you can fit one MTB in without any wheel removal or two with just the front wheel off. Just strap them to the rear headrests and they won't budge an inch.

Log collector - 20 bags of logs? no problem.

Staff party base - a Winter gathering of our staff on the beach. Mulled wine on the hob, bubbly in the fridge, awning out for when it rained, music on loud from the pretty decent sound system.

Mobile office - we've worked from ours many times and even interviewed people in it.

Winter hack - sounds a bit odd but in the recent floods, the Cali has been great with it's extra height and AWD.

I'm sure many more can be listed!

Trips to IKEA & wicks :thumb and the odd picnic not forgetting a great place to store Christmas
Drink :thumb

Yes,I find the cali very handy for the odd items that we run out of indoors ( i.e.pasta,rice,salt,mustard,etc.)

What a usful tool tool to have outside the house as a backup in the event of a power cut

:cool

Agreed Alan - ours has been great during three power cuts. Kettle on "outside", spare fridge for anything essential.

It sounds terrible but I use our cali for the odd "dump" run!
I get build ups of trade waste from work but can't go to our recycling centre in my sign written work van and don't like paying to take it to the tip.
I always make sure that the load space is covered before I load up though.
Not quite what I had in mind when I bought it but never mind....you clearly make the most of your cali kernow - we only use ours for hols and the very occasional weekend away.
It's quite depressing actually now I think about it!
We also raid it for essentials that we run out of at home

Wrapping Christmas presents away from prying eyes and in great comfort. Also hiding items purchased prior to wrapping. Large play house in the drive. Mobile restaurant for a date, changing rooms for gaggle of girls, mobile security post during the night camped in the school field protecting the Summer Fete stalls.....too numerous to mention really.
:D

At Christmas it is a very expensive extra fridge :)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Van-nic!

Door open/closed, roof up/down, table outside/inside depending on the view, weather, time of year, number of guests. Van-nics are great all year round whether on the way somewhere, out for the day, just looking for a change of scenery or avoiding the expense of buying food when you're out.

Plus mines a Beach and daily driver so used for working in, tip runs, and occasionally hauling big stuff for friends and family. I'm adept at sliding the seats and removing the multiflex board.

We sell Hotties heatlogs, so great for doing the local deliveries.

Passion Wagon

S'what that geezer who came on here recently was after. His mate in his T5 was apparently doing well and he figured the factory-fitted kitchen, fridge and bed would definitely swing things his way, but that 50k was a bit steep. Good vision though!

......................spare bedroom for downsizers.

Sand bag deliverer (during the winter floods last year), mobile office, homework desk, picnic teas before swimming/gymnastics, random picnics when you're out and about...love it!!

......... "Daddy, I need a wee, I need a wee" -when -it's 10 miles to the next services and it will take 30 minutes to get there in this traffic.

Spotted the KernowLad avitar on this thread!! Curiosity got the better of me.
2014 thread resurrection. A new record?

Spotted the KernowLad avitar on this thread!! Curiosity got the better of me.
2014 thread resurrection. A new record?

He’s been banned from FB and Instagram, twitter are currently running investigations.
What a plum…!!!

Wow! That takes a certain amount of commitment!

Back