Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bought a Fiamma Pro 35 awning

Muchos04

Muchos04

Vehicle
T5 SE 130
Hi All,

I bought the above and it’s 180cm long. I have a reimo multirail and I’m going to buy brackets to fix the awning on. The instructions don’t give any indication of the measurements the brackets should be placed on a SWB VW transporter. anyone any idea?

Thanks
Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi All,

I bought the above and it’s 180cm long. I have a reimo multirail and I’m going to buy brackets to fix the awning on. The instructions don’t give any indication of the measurements the brackets should be placed on a SWB VW transporter. anyone any idea?

Thanks
Dave

I did the same with our previous van (T4), photos as below to give you an idea of where the brackets sat; I had to cut the rear one down slightly so that the leg was not sat on the window glass.

You can hang the awning on the brackets, before you drill the holes in the awning casing in order to get the best position:

1B29E480-9F9D-4700-98AB-1ED8EA4E57C8.jpeg

I did the same with our previous van (T4), photos as below to give you an idea of where the brackets sat; I had to cut the rear one down slightly so that the leg was not sat on the window glass.

You can hang the awning on the brackets, before you drill the holes in the awning casing in order to get the best position:

View attachment 68987

Thanks mill for the pics. Did you use the reimo multirail for anything?

Thanks mill for the pics. Did you use the reimo multirail for anything?

We installed the multi rail on the sliding door side specifically for the Fiamma awning. Found it also acts as a great gutter so ended up putting another on the other side as well, which we sometimes attached a tarp to and used for storage.

We installed the multi rail on the sliding door side specifically for the Fiamma awning. Found it also acts as a great gutter so ended up putting another on the other side as well, which we sometimes attached a tarp to and used for storage.

Great idea using for storage. Did you find it hard to drill the holes for the bracket in roof and did you just screw bolts into the body?

Great idea using for storage. Did you find it hard to drill the holes for the bracket in roof and did you just screw bolts into the body?

Screwed the multi rail direct into the body & used Silkafix adhesive; Buy a few new decent metal drill bits. The rails come with a special pilot screws which you use to make the initial hole in the metal work, these screws are then removed, then black screws are used to finally fix the rail. Screw in loosely at one end and then lay a spirit level on top of the rail, then mark the hole for the opposite end.

The most important thing is to buy silkaflex remover and lots of kitchen paper as Silkaflex is impossible to remove once dry. Once you have screwed the rail in the Silkaflex will squeeze out the sides of the rail onto the paintwork...the remover gets rid of the excess very easily.

Screwed the multi rail direct into the body & used Silkafix adhesive; Buy a few new decent metal drill bits. The rails come with a special pilot screws which you use to make the initial hole in the metal work, these screws are then removed, then black screws are used to finally fix the rail. Screw in loosely at one end and then lay a spirit level on top of the rail, then mark the hole for the opposite end.

The most important thing is to buy silkaflex remover and lots of kitchen paper as Silkaflex is impossible to remove once dry. Once you have screwed the rail in the Silkaflex will squeeze out the sides of the rail onto the paintwork...the remover gets rid of the excess very easily.

Brill thanks for this. And in terms of the awning brackets did you drill down into roof and then screw bolts in?

Brill thanks for this. And in terms of the awning brackets did you drill down into roof and then screw bolts in?

Hi, no it was a T4, so used the Fiamma fitting kit for for ‘Brandrup’ rails (as they didn’t do a specific one at the time for the Reimo multi rail). The brackets just secured to direct to the multi rail, and the Fiamma awning hung on the brackets.

Back