Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

BRAND NEW POLL: What Colour is your Cali ?

What colour is your VW California?

• Fresco Green

Votes: 12 3.0%
  • Deep Pearl Black

Votes: 34 8.5%
  • Dark Wood

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • Candy White

Votes: 30 7.5%
  • Grey White

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Natural Grey

Votes: 59 14.8%
  • Night Blue

Votes: 16 4.0%
  • Off Road Grey

Votes: 13 3.3%
  • Olympian Blue

Votes: 43 10.8%
  • Raven blue

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Reflex Silver

Votes: 85 21.3%
  • Salsa Red

Votes: 8 2.0%
  • Samoa red

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Sand Beige

Votes: 43 10.8%
  • Shadow Blue

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Summer Blue

• Storm Blue

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Sunny Yellow

• Toffee Brown

• Tornado red

• Wheat Beige

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Other

• Total voters
Freeley said:
Storm blue. The only one so far come on there must be more of you out there!

I've got Cali brochures for OCT 2007, MAY 2009 and AUG 2009 and the only blues in those brochures are always the same ie. ....
standard paint - Summer Blue, Raven Blue metallic and Shadow Blue metallic (the colour of my Cali reg. JULY 2008)
My question is...Does the colour really exist ? ;)
If it does what month/year brochure does the Storm Blue Metallic appear in ? :?

Oh..I'll have to check my van gubbins when I get home, maybe it's shadow blue!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Freeley said:

Hi Freeley from your photo your Cali looks very much like my shadow blue metallic.
I had no idea what colour blue mine was but I found out from SMG Cowfold that LD5Q on the Vehicle Data page of the service schedule book was Shadow Blue metallic (D5Q)

dont know if its new, but its one of the standard colours.

To YMFB from your wife, our new T5 that we are collecting on the 18th May is Salsa Red not Samba Red! :doh

Toffee brown with squashed flies

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sand beige is more popular on here than I expected - only ever seen one!

KernowLad said:

You should have come to cotf you would have seen a herd of Sand beige cali's fella grazing in the field :)

choplee said:
KernowLad said:

You should have come to cotf you would have seen a herd of Sand beige cali's fella grazing in the field :)

:lol: :lol:

And a sea of Frescos, a tribe of Samoas, an amphitheatre of Olympics, a flock of Ravens, etc, etc!

KernowLad said:
choplee said:
KernowLad said:

:lol: :lol:

And a sea of Frescos, a tribe of Samoas, an amphitheatre of Olympics, a flock of Ravens, etc, etc!

Just to be pedantic KernowLad, I happen to have a list of collective nouns for birds and to be precise it is an ' Unkindness of Ravens' ;)
(I bet there wasn't even a shadow of a Shadow blue there, they're just too rare)

Freeley said:

If yours is Shadow Blue Freeley, whose is the Storm Blue still on the chart ?
I've not seen it on any brochure.

viking said:
Freeley said:

If yours is Shadow Blue Freeley, whose is the Storm Blue still on the chart ?
I've not seen it on any brochure.
Dunno I'm reasonably sure I unchecked the box.
I rang my dealer the other day and they told me mine was night blue "or it isn't a California"!? :???:
When I get round to looking up my chassis number I'll find out for certain.

According to the local Van Centre, mine's Diamond Black Pearlescent. Presumably discontinued now but it looks cool once a year when the sun comes out and you can actually see the metal flake.

viking said:
KernowLad said:
choplee said:
Just to be pedantic KernowLad, I happen to have a list of collective nouns for birds and to be precise it is an ' Unkindness of Ravens' ;)
(I bet there wasn't even a shadow of a Shadow blue there, they're just too rare)

I did wonder but assumed it would be the same as a group of crows; a murder!! TBH I just made them up on the spot!

RobdeBear said:
According to the local Van Centre, mine's Diamond Black Pearlescent. Presumably discontinued now but it looks cool once a year when the sun comes out and you can actually see the metal flake.

I remember seeing Diamond Black Pearl in the older brochures and forwarded all the pre-facelift model colours, including Diamond Black to Martin for inclusion into the new poll but for some reason it never got there. :eek:
BTW is it any different to Deep Black Pearl ?? RobdeBear ? Martin ? anyone ? :?
If it is different you should start a campaign to get it included in The Brand New Poll :thumb

viking said:
RobdeBear said:

I remember seeing Diamond Black Pearl in the older brochures and forwarded all the pre-facelift model colours, including Diamond Black to Martin for inclusion into the new poll but for some reason it never got there. :eek:
BTW is it any different to Deep Black Pearl ?? RobdeBear ? Martin ? anyone ? :?
If it is different you should start a campaign to get it included in The Brand New Poll :thumb
Or maybe start a brand new brand new poll :lol:

No idea 'how' different the two pearlescent blacks are, I'm afraid. I only realised that there were two when buying a touch-up kit. The low point of our Alpine trip was a visit to a very tight multi-storey car park in Courchevel :-(

I"ve got a Reflex Silver. My question is, where do you find a colour's reflex? And if I were to locate it, would that reflex really be silver? Hmmmm.

Ours will be white, but I wish it was toffe brown.. we saved some 1000 eur on that :crazy

We we're going to buy a pre reg Natural Grey but my wife saw a Van in Blackberry Metallic, So now we have just ordered a new Blackberry Metallic :D

Back