Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Brandrup Isolite window insulation

C

crta123

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140 4Motion
Dear all,
Does anyone have a view on whether these are any good (aside from the price)? I wanted to have some front window insulation I didn't have to fold up them up wet with rain/frost in the morning that is effective and am wondering if these are any good or if I should just go for the Comfortz Leisure external ones and are they easy to fold up?

Views welcome, thanks

Ok, I have had ours for nearly three years now. The side and the rear panels are very good, but the larger cover for the front screen tends to collapse. Part of the problem is that because the screen is so large I started folding it from day one.. Once you start folding this, it loses it's rigidity and doesn't fit well. You then have to fiddle with it to ensure that it covers the screen.
I now fit the screen and then fit the VW supplied pole canvas type screen to hold it in place.
To prevent folding, you can lay (from new) the front screen on the bed when you close the roof. The only disadvantage for me is that we do not always use the roof bed. If we just pull up for the night and it is pouring with rain, it's a pain to open the roof to get the thermal cover out.
You also have to be a little careful with the Velcro strip at the top, which can damage the top part of the internal lining if the Velcro catches it.
Also heat gets trapped between the screen shield and the screen, so it becomes a little hotter inside the van.
Finally, the most important point is that it does not prevent condensation.! I understand that the external screens (a good one) do prevent condensation.
In short the product is ok for sides and rear, but consider an external screen for the windscreen.

I have the isolite extreme version of these and I get on well with them.

Low or No condensation, relatively easy to fit, although there is a knack, and storage in the roof is brilliant!!

I also have these and find them much better than the fabric VW ones
Still get a little bit of condensation but nothing to worry about I also store them
In the roof :thumb

That's interesting as I don't have the extreme version. Are these more ridged? May look at this as a replacement for the front screen also.
Does the front screen (extreme) have a Velcro strip which you attaché to the inside of the glass?

Yes - the extreme's have the Velcro across the top, but also have an arrangement that fits around the rear view mirror that gives some support.

Also, the extremes have a second piece of very thick fabric that covers the dash, and forms a secondary air pocket to help insulate.

Back