Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Breakdown cover for Irish citizens.

Padraic

Padraic

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Hi all, well after two years of T4 California ownership, we are finally taking it from Ireland to Switzerland via France for three weeks. Very excited about this trip and I'm busy getting last minute jobs sorted on the Cali.
However I'm struggling to get any European breakdown cover because of its age, its 2002.
Ive tried ACAD and ACE in Germany but they have both refused us.
Can any one suggest any other options for us or any companies who will take customers from other countries?
I think its too risky to embark on such a trip without cover, should anything happen, it could cost a fortune.
Ive posted this in the T5 T6 section to hopefully get more ideas from members.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards Padraic.

Are you a member of the Camping And Caravan Club or is it UK only? Or there might be an equivalent in Ireland.
They have a link with the RAC and they offer cover for any age of campervan.

Some years ago I had the same problem with an old car so had no option but to risk it. yes a half shaft sheared on a Belgium motorway. The final bill was no more than cover would have been. The saga was an adventure in itself though.

This might be a possibility. Might need a UK address though.

Some years ago I had the same problem with an old car so had no option but to risk it. yes a half shaft sheared on a Belgium motorway. The final bill was no more than cover would have been. The saga was an adventure in itself though.

This might be a possibility. Might need a UK address though.

Just checked their terms and conditions, they wont allow any vehicle with living accommodation..

Back