Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Breakdown kit?

Custardtart

Custardtart

I saw a breakdown kit mentioned in the handbook but can't find it in the van.

I've found the toolkit by the left rear wheel arch but not the breakdown kit (compressor, puncture repair goo etc)

Any ideas - does the Beach come with one and if so where is it?

If you have a spare wheel then more than likely you won't have the compressor. If you have the compressor then more than likely you won't have a spare wheel. This is certainly the case with panel vans at least.

I would have thought that all California's have a spare wheel and no compressor.

cheers

smgcowfold said:
If you have a spare wheel then more than likely you won't have the compressor. If you have the compressor then more than likely you won't have a spare wheel. This is certainly the case with panel vans at least.

I would have thought that all California's have a spare wheel and no compressor.

cheers

berg's don't have a spare Alex :cry:

wasn't really impressed finding that out when i picked it up and looked underneath :evil:

Possibly because the dakars won't fit in the spare wheel carrier. Presumably you have the compressor instead?

cheers

smgcowfold said:
Possibly because the dakars won't fit in the spare wheel carrier. Presumably you have the compressor instead?

cheers

Would have been nice to have been left a steel spare though Alex. :evil:

I did ask for SMG to put together a price for us to include a wheel and the necessary fittings but I didn't get a reply.

if you order any 18" from factory do they always take out the spare ..??????
even though you would have paid for a spare with the standard wheels

smgcowfold said:

cheers

i had a spare and compressor in the audi as it was a space saver ... it's only really the rolling radius and load rating on the tyre that have to be correct and only would be used as a get me to a garage spare ....VW does stand for very weird indeed ... :laugh2

that tyre weld is horrid stuff and ruins the tyres from what i've been told :doh

Stu said:
smgcowfold said:

cheers

Would have been nice to have been left a steel spare though Alex. :evil:

I did ask for SMG to put together a price for us to include a wheel and the necessary fittings but I didn't get a reply.

Who did you speak to Stu and I will chase it up for you

cheers

It was Steve I sent a PM to Alex.

If we could have two prices -

Full kit including carrier, a wheel and a budget tyre.

Kit including all parts required for carrier.

This would need to be for a 180 with the same rolling radius as the current Dakar setup.

Great, thanks mate :thumb

Another option that would suit me is if you had some wheels out back somewhere that came off a van that had been upgraded or even if you get a customer doing an upgrade looking to offload wheels - Doesn't have to be new.

We did used to have some, but every single customer of late has been keeping the steel wheels when we fit the alloys at PDI

Cheers

Hi Stu,

steel rim, budget tyre, bolts and carrier parts comes to £200 + VAT.

cheers

Ideal, thanks.

How much was it without the wheel & tyre?

Can we have a quantity discount :laugh2

Group buy??

smgcowfold said:
Without the wheel and tyre it is £55.50 + VAT.

cheers

Not to bad then just look out for some wheels and maybe split a set between us .:)

choplee said:
I am sorry custard tart for us hijacking you topic ...

You have highjacked this topic lol

You are not having any of my wheels.

I was going to say that some of the Euro spec vans come with a breakdown kit which includes warning triangle etc. I wondered if that was what the handbook is referring to.

Just a thought

James

I've got the first aid kit, jack, tool kit and warning triangle.

I've also got a spare steel wheel - so guess Alex is right - you don't get the compressor if you get a spare wheel.

It's not a problem to me - just wanted to know where it was if I did have it.

Thanks for the replies.

Back