Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Help finding the Car jack

Sonas

Sonas

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi Everyone.
I have a 2018 California Beach. No spare wheel just a puncture repair kit. There is a screwdriver and wrench in the rear left hub, but I can't find a jack. Does it just not come with one. It would be nice to have one in case I need it. Any ideas.

Thanks

Sonas

No jack I’m afraid the don’t give you a wheel so assume you won’t need a jack

No spare wheel, no Jack!
Very simple

That’s cost cutting madness on a touring vehicle.
What are Volkswagen thinking...???

I have a second hand Renault Scenic. It has no spare wheel but has a tyre inflation kit. However it does come with a jack. But it seems pointless driving around with a jack and no spare - when would I need to jack the car up in an emergency if I don’t have a spare wheel? So it makes sense to me not to include a jack if no spare has been selected as an option. Just my opinion :)

That’s cost cutting madness on a touring vehicle.
What are Volkswagen thinking...???

Imo , has nothing to do specific with VW , it's carmanufacturars in general who do this to gain weight due more and more other electrical stuff put in cars...
One can always order a spare wheel as option or in the worse case just trow a spare wheel in the trunk when leaving abroad.
It's called "a modern car" that has no spare , but i see it diffrent !

Personally.
Always tick the sparewheel option in a touring vehicle.
City cars etc, I get it.

But the California was designed to be explore, hence why I would always have a spare wheel and tyre on board.

Now, whether or not it’s there when you come to use it. Well that’s a different story :rolleyes:

Our Ocean came with a jack but no spare. Maybe it’s for levelling the van up on site? ;)

Theres just a screwdriver and an odd looking wrench housed in a moulded plastic thing.
California's supplied with 18" wheels come without spare wheels/mounting racks and presumably jacks etc, there are a number of solutions in the forums to this problem.

I am driving cars since 29 years now. 5 Years also a Cali.
Never ever had a puncture. So where is the problem?

Or on the Dorset roads?!

So wrong. You might need a jack on more occasions than spare tyre ;)
Last trip in Norway got a stone stuck between the break disk and a guard plate. Insane noise.
The only way to remove it is by removing the wheel.

P.S. Even if your cali comes with a jack, throw that chineese crap away and get a good hydraulic one.(it is even smaller)
Already had some serious damage to my T6 due to that crap jack.

Even when repairing the tyre in Finland (stone puncture) Had to jack it, otherwise not even possible to easily access the puncture.

So if you didn't have accidents in 5 years, don't have to wear a seatbelt as well. And might just remove the airbags, less weight and cost. ;)

Have to agree with @Sp0_0k , repairing and inflating a tyre with a 12v pump needs a jack .
He's also hitting nails by the head on the seatbelt and airbag ....
Some don't bother , others want to be prepared ....
it's your own personal state of mind that narrows down what and what not to carry