Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Brexit and Coronavirus delivery delays?

Ladymuck

Ladymuck

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Apparently the ports are chaos due to Brexit and now Germany are going into lockdown.. our Cali is due to start being built tomorrow with an expected delivery date of 1st Feb just wondering if that date it still likely ....

Apparently the ports are chaos due to Brexit and now Germany are going into lockdown.. our Cali is due to start being built tomorrow with an expected delivery date of 1st Feb just wondering if that date it still likely ....
Hard to imagine it is, but maybe VW factories can still produce in lockdowns? Mines due for production Jan 25th so I’ve got everything crossed

Hard to imagine it is, but maybe VW factories can still produce in lockdowns? Mines due for production Jan 25th so I’ve got everything crossed
It looks like people are still being allowed to work in Germany so maybe no effect unless staff have to go off to care for their children not in school..
I'm not fussed about getting it 1st Feb happy to wait another month or so but no more !!

My dealer has said there are contingencies at VW to ensure production continues as normal even under restrictions.

My dealer has said there are contingencies at VW to ensure production continues as normal even under restrictions.
Thanks, I can't help but wonder what those contingenices are and for what scenarios? If it's a lockdown and staff aren't allowed/can't work what are they going to do, bring in robots ?? :D

I think they'll just tack on a few days to the usual Chrstmas/New year shutdown. Shouldn't impact too much.

I have been given a status code 38 today meaning my van is loaded on the ship. If the ship sails or not I don't know. So near yet so far!

I have been given a status code 38 today meaning my van is loaded on the ship. If the ship sails or not I don't know. So near yet so far!
Oh keep us updated! Will be interesting to see what happens now, fingers crossed for you

Won't apply to a whole van but getting parts and accessories might not be as easy next year. Tried to get some bike bits I couldn't source in UK and got this message from a popular German website. Maybe something will get resolved later in year but who knows:

'Dear Customer,

due to the Brexit and the withdrawal from the EU domestic market without an Free Trade Agreement from the 01.01.2021, we can no longer fullfill any orders from the UK. Already ordered goods, that can be shipped until 20.12.2020 will be send out. Orders that can not be shipped until this date will be cancelled.
If your goods can not be shipped, our customer support will contact you via E-Mail. Unfortunately we feel compelled to not fulfill UK orders currently, we hope to be able to ship to our UK customers soon again. Thank you very much for understanding and for your loyalty and support.'

Won't apply to a whole van but getting parts and accessories might not be as easy next year. Tried to get some bike bits I couldn't source in UK and got this message from a popular German website. Maybe something will get resolved later in year but who knows:

'Dear Customer,

due to the Brexit and the withdrawal from the EU domestic market without an Free Trade Agreement from the 01.01.2021, we can no longer fullfill any orders from the UK. Already ordered goods, that can be shipped until 20.12.2020 will be send out. Orders that can not be shipped until this date will be cancelled.
If your goods can not be shipped, our customer support will contact you via E-Mail. Unfortunately we feel compelled to not fulfill UK orders currently, we hope to be able to ship to our UK customers soon again. Thank you very much for understanding and for your loyalty and support.'
I’m sure this is only due to their uncertainty regarding tariffs. Once there’s clarity they will resume shipments to the UK.

'Dear Customer,

Just shows you how much they understand about International Trade.

Agree. Tariffs or not.

Not sure where you are at now but our van was due to built last week and we got it 2 weeks ago. Unless someone with same spec cancelled not sure how we got it so early. Still can’t go anywhere. Anyone know if any UK sites taking provisional bookings?

Not sure where you are at now but our van was due to built last week and we got it 2 weeks ago. Unless someone with same spec cancelled not sure how we got it so early. Still can’t go anywhere. Anyone know if any UK sites taking provisional bookings?
Oh wow that's lucky ! Maybe it was s cancelled one. My van is still in build ! 7th week of build next week !

Oh wow that's lucky ! Maybe it was s cancelled one. My van is still in build ! 7th week of build next week !
They are blaming Covid and Christmas shutdown.
Yes you can book campsites, I've booked loads

Back