Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New orders delivered post 'the B word' and import tariffs

This is not a political post.

Dealer response.

i ordered the Cali today, should my vehicle land post 31st Dec without a deal, I will be liable for any duty applied. However since the quoted price OTR/RRP would of increased I do have the right to cancel.

They have heard nothing from VWUK regarding their position and are hoping VW may do some thing to lessen the impact since the UK is VW‘s second biggest market........ I am not that naive, but with a possibility of cancellations they may consider something.

hopefully a chance it lands in December, otherwise it will be liable for 10% on duty and shipping + VAT or walk away.
It’s good that they clarified that. I think my dealer was so determined not to admit that a potential price rise would be my liability he was avoiding answering my question regarding the right to cancel under those conditions, hence the confusion. At least the option to walk away covers you no matter what. I have a production week of 10 September so still hopeful for pre Christmas (it’s only slipped one week since July up to now).

Just for info’ I found this on the UK Government website. As my Cali’ delivery is likely to be perilously close to the end of the year, it does give me a little comfort that as long as it is in transit on or before the 31/12 no tariffs will be applied.

View attachment 64728

could buy me a week Or however long the transit time is cheers for posting

Back