Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Brief Review

A

AlanM

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Had my van for just over two months and done nearly 2.5k miles so I thought I'd share a brief review.
It's an Ocean 150 and you will pick up the options from the comments.
Basically, I'm delighted with it.
With the heavy duty ARB's and bigger all weather tyres I find the ride superb and better than many cars I've driven or been driven in.
Performance is more than adequate and getting better by the mile. Engine noise low and perfectly acceptable. DSG is great and suits the van and usage ideally. ACC is a revelation, though with DSG and Stop Start changes in driving style are necessary. Laminated glass comes with window tint which is just right for us, plus almost complete absence of external traffic/wind noise.
I'm pleased I chose the full electric door which is very convenient; but then it hasn't had chance to go wrong yet!
LEDs are brilliant, pardon the pun.
The camping side is as expected and we don't find the beds too hard. Like most things in life there are elements which could be improved, eg a dedicated roof ladder, at least one plastic window to provide light and views without the draft and I just missed out on the three separate worktops and cupboard lights.
I'm now using it as daily drive and park on-street so reversing camera and sensors essential and work very effectively.
I should say that I am nearly 70 having graduated from tents to caravans, PVCs, to large A Class MHs and have enjoyed a wide variety of mostly high performance cars. The van is used as a car with grandkids, etc., short and long trips, time away with wife and dogs and a lot of the great outdoors with the dogs climbing hills.
The van is virtually perfect for our needs and certainly exceeds expectations; a joy to drive, live in and look at. I looked at alternatives but this stood out from the crowd though I have never owned anything VW before or been a fan.
Now I'm off to pack some stuff for a trip to the Berwyns.

PS Questions about things will follow.

A great review Alan and great to read also your delight with the vehicle. I think sometimes we let minor niggles get in the way of the bigger picture in terms of just what a superb all round vehicle the California is.

A great review there Alan. Have owned a VW Golf with DSG, ACC and Stop/Start. Cannot even consider driving any vehicle without them now. ACC is a must have option on my Cali :)

Enjoy the drive ...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back