Brit Stops

ThomasHJ

ThomasHJ

Top Poster
VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Does anyone who's a member of Brit Stops know if it's possible to become a member/get the guide physically in the UK? I'm thinking it might be usefull for our upcoming trip to the UK, but if they mail it to me, I will never arrive on time.

They have an app you can use instead. I binned it after a year. Never used and found the Facebook group full of oddballs in white whales.

They have an app you can use instead. I binned it after a year. Never used and found the Facebook group full of oddballs in white whales.
That was our experience, too. Scrapped it after the first year, never been any use to us: quite awful places, busy and noisy parking lots mainly, seems to be a Big Whites thing. Good for them, we hope they all go there! :cool:

Last edited:
Stayed at a couple of pub car parks.
Ok if you’re desperate, I think part of the deal was you had to buy an evening meal, which was generally awful and worked out costing more than a site.

I’d recommend searchforsites find small sites with little or no facilities, where you have to phone to book, you can usually get in on short notice. Often they are little more than a farmers field, but there are some real gems. I’d rather stay there than in the car park of a flat roof pub..

Stayed at a couple of pub car parks.
Ok if you’re desperate, I think part of the deal was you had to buy an evening meal, which was generally awful and worked out costing more than a site.

I’d recommend searchforsites find small sites with little or no facilities, where you have to phone to book, you can usually get in on short notice. Often they are little more than a farmers field, but there are some real gems. I’d rather stay there than in the car park of a flat roof pub..
I think technically they were not allowed to insist you did but they was an unwritten expectation. TBH they have a biz to run so fair enough but the FB group was full of tight @rses complaining about either the meals and cost or being asked to pay a whole tenner instead for using the site to park. The sort of people who reuse tea bags. We like a site with decent facilities so in the end being hemmed in by whales while pub goers faffed about around us to save a few quid was a step too far.

We have visited the UK some times and have never used Britstop, didn’t think it was necessary: searchforsites, Park4Night and CamperContact (Dutch) will do. Or just find a campsite. You will come across them on your journey. They can be expensive, but some are very beautiful and the view is often spectacular. Just like the country actually; Wales, The Lake District, Yorkshire Dales, South West England and Scotland with off course some isles like Vatersay, Barra, South and Norrh Uist. That we did in a period of about 10 years. As you can see: a lot more to visit but everything in its time.
Don't plan too much; enjoy it.

Back