Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Britstops

C

Chinny

Hi how many britstops are there in Britain please thinking of joining soon I'm not a owner of a 100% Cali I'm having a Cali roof fitted to my transporter soon and like the britstops concept is their one in every town for instance I travel a lot with work and leisure cheers

I think the latest guide has 640.

No there is not one in every town, but normally one close enough to be convenient.

We've Just completed 3 days on the trot. One was dodgy so had to move onto the next one, but the others were good. Just got to fine tune the way you deal with your waste and washing to make it work really well. We are not rich enough to eat out every night, but the concept is working for us so far.

We've been to a few now but nobody has ever asked or been outsde to look at the sticker to check that is valid. Is this everyones experience?

No checking of our credentials on the three occasions we have Britstopped

no, no one ever checked mine,

indeed they have all instead mentioned how grateful they were that Albert was gracing their car park .... and have a drink on the house ..."wine for you Madam? .... and a beer for you Albert???"

loads

45 in the book,

probably a few more in the newsletter updates.

Also in Scotland it is just so easy to wild camp.

Of all the nights that Albert and I have spent in Scotland only 25% of them were on paid sites.

loads

45 in the book,

probably a few more in the newsletter updates.

Also in Scotland it is just so easy to wild camp.

Of all the nights that Albert and I have spent in Scotland only 25% of them were on paid sites.

Thanks Jen, we mostly wild camp in Scotland but useful to know there are alternatives.

Thanks Jen, we mostly wild camp in Scotland but useful to know there are alternatives.

I find most pubs serving food and with a reasonable sized car park are receptive to letting you stop overnight in exchange for some business but it's nice to be sure and also to be able to ring ahead and be guaranteed of a stop somewhere.