Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Brittany Ferries to Santander/ Bilbao

Btw

It helps my wife is happy to drive. It means I can chill out in the back and watch a movie or do a puzzle. Certainly helps the time pass.
We usually do 3hr drives each. Pit stop 20-30mins between drivers.

I have been looking at return ferry prices July/August 2018 to Bilbao or Santander. I knew it wasn't cheap but so far quotes for 2 adults, 1 child, Cali and overnight cabin return come in around £1300. Is this normal price or can I get this price down? Thanks in advance for any advice.
Although our trip was not in August, but end of January 2016 with 6 dogs, I would NEVER take this route again inasmuch as we begin travel in Cambridge. I booked because I thought it would be easier - wrong. I booked in September and ignored the little voice in my head that kept saying; "crossing the Bay of Biscay in JANUARY??!!" I ignored it. Well, we had Force 10 and an extra 10 hrs of crossing. Never again!!! I suppose if one lives in West Country or the Southwest, it's probably the route to take, but not if one starts in Cambridge. A very good lesson learned!!

Hands-up to all of the above - no cabin bags, no seat reservations & the train to the airport will cost nearly as much as the flights. In no way a like-for-like comparison, but it is amazing value to get halfway down Europe for AND BACK for less than £40 each.

Just echoing @blakeley s comments from his pals. For my money (and I eagerly put forty-odd grand of it down & will happily do so again soon enough) sometimes the journey is the destination, but other times you just want to get there sharpish with three t-shirts & a toothbrush.
I enjoy going to Morocco. I went in the van April/May this year and really enjoyed it. It was fairly expensive though. I went Dover/Dunkerque and Algeciras/Tanger Med. Came back Ceuta/Algeciras and Caen/Portsmouth.
I would say that it’s cheaper to use the autoroutes in France (except the N10 Poitiers to Bordeaux) than avoid all tolls. Spain is a different matter and from Irun to Algeciras only used the bit to San Sebastián.
If I want cheapness I go by bus to Luton Airport on my bus pass and can get a flight for around £30 if I pick the right day. As for accommodation, a reasonable bed and breakfast can be had for £18 and that includes ensuite shower and toilet.

I have been looking at return ferry prices July/August 2018 to Bilbao or Santander. I knew it wasn't cheap but so far quotes for 2 adults, 1 child, Cali and overnight cabin return come in around £1300. Is this normal price or can I get this price down? Thanks in advance for any advice.
I'm in the Brittany Voyage Club which gets me a discount plus some perks. 'Friends' can use my membership details to get up to 10% discount. If interested in trying it Select Club Voyage Member option and guest of a member then enter - Grant - Membership Number F93981 and it should give some discount.

Not really worth joining for one trip as you have a joining fee plus annual fee, I do up to 5 crossings a year (France only but it gives discount on all routes) so it's worth it for me.

I'm in the Brittany Voyage Club which gets me a discount plus some perks. 'Friends' can use my membership details to get up to 10% discount. If interested in trying it Select Club Voyage Member option and guest of a member then enter - Grant - Membership Number F93981 and it should give some discount.

Not really worth joining for one trip as you have a joining fee plus annual fee, I do up to 5 crossings a year (France only but it gives discount on all routes) so it's worth it for me.
Just used your code and it just worked, thank you so much!